Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pahabol Portraits


Mane and Tails
- Two Abigails -

Why hide it ?  I like to have favorites wherever I go - favorite junk food, favorite restos, favorite nephew, favorite neice, favorite female friend to hang out with, to have breakfast with, to have dinner with, to shoot portraits of [iba-iba pang kategorya - hahaha !} - Bakit Hindi ? ......

..... favorite locations to shoot {they're just too many}, favorite photog buddies, favorite female boudior models who I've worked with, favorite friends in Singapore, favorite UAAP courtside rep, favorite PBA courtside rep -favorite UAAP Basketball Team, Volleyball team, Baseball team - PBA Team, Coach, Players - my lists go On, and On, and On  - Fact IS Though   - The names DO constantly change - It's just More Fun that way  .......

But so much for fancy talk - 
What my posts always boil down to IS - What Image [or images] will I share, for the moment.

 ---------

After Game 6 of the PBA Finals - Sure, I had my favorite action shots [as always], a select number of which I sent to the PBA Mailing List AND to the PBA {Hey, that IS my job} - 

Yesterday night, after the Super Liga Tripleheader 
Semifinal Game #1      Petron  vs  Philips Gold      [missed this one]
Semifinal Game #2      Shopinas vs Foton           
Battle for 5th Place     Cignal  vs  Mane and Tail  

The Blaze Boosters and the Lady Clickers - had forged a Finals Showdon - set to commence next month [while the HD Spkers bagged the 5th Spot]

..... Had my share of favorite action photos ..... and of course my ever arbitrary, unpredictable, "Hey-where-will-I-get-Who-will-shoot-for-this-one ?" "Either I Get it or I Don't" - Behind the Scenes images - which at times can turn out to be an interesting mosaic of light-hearted images, and on occasion - turn to be less than five, or even just a solitary photo  ....
Whatever   ....

---------

"Pahabol" Portraits

The Lady Clickers took their sweet time unwinding, freshening up, after their semis 5-Set W over Foton.  Fortunatly for me, when I [on a whim] decided to look for Cha Cruz - It had been a long 20+ ?? minutes plus or so since then so I didn' t have to wait long for Cha.  

As she exited the Shopinas dugout, I politely asked for a "photo opp" [pagod na raw siya] [yet she was gracious enuff to accommodate my request] .....

Asked her to take a seat somewhere, and within a span of less than 10 seconds [literally !] I had to make sure to direct her somewhat, check the lighting nuance in a jiffy
 [Yes, I was using Available light !} angle my DSLR - and click 3 times - and that was IT ! 

Had to let the exhausted athlete go .... actually - a writer came along, just as she stood up, and asked a few pertinent questions, and as she calmly walked along the corridor [still answering that writer's querries] , I tried to steal a few candids still [w/ my 400mm lens]  - then simply gave her thanks   .....

So much "trouble" for an image like the two below ??  ... No, Not Really

"I'm so fat !"

Ha ! - That's what Cha quipped right after I showed her this image on my DSLR LCD.
No Matter - each to his [or her] own opinion. 

Fact IS, am alright with this Portrait of Charlene Abigail - I don't know F_____ g  How Else I could have done better - On-the-Spot / On the Cuneta Astrodome corridors / Using Available Light  !
{actually - on second glance -there are quite a number of "artistic errors" in Cha's portraits -   I'll just have to avoid them, next time}

Hey - I snapped 3X Right ?
Here's the last snap - FYI [In the first of the three shots, Cha's eyes were closed]

 More like it, Cha ?
[just a matter of changing my angles 
 or is it the cropping]


The other Abigail  ....

Just as Abigail Praca was exiting the court for the last time [at least] for this year's All-Filipino PSL [after that last match w Cignal], a couple of her fans requested for some snapshots midcourt, so the muy simpatica Cebuana cheerfully trotted over, leaned over to the ringside section, flashing a cheerful smile - and in those fleeting "pahabol" moments I was lucky enough to have quickly angled my 400mm tele to capture these [unexpected, unsolicited] moments.





And in keeping with the title/theme/peg of this post - Here are some On-Court Candids of the two Abigails ....  with their manes and tails  .....







Unfortunately, for Mane n Tail - that match yesterday, was their last, for the 2015 PSL All-Filipino Conference [Come late this year, they'll return to the Super Liga 2nd {Open} Conference [w/ imports].



Cha Cruz and the Shopinas Lady Clickers commence their Best-of-Three Finals series vs the Petron Blaze Boosters  on May 11,Monday, at Imus, Cavite. Games 2 and 3 [if necessary], will be held at the Cuneta Astrodome.


brosi gonzales


Tags
2015pslallfilipinoconference petronblazeboosters shopinasladyclickers manentailladystallions fotontornados abigailpraca chacruz charleneabihailcruz

No comments:

Post a Comment