Monday, October 08, 2012

18 Years



My One and Only Nephew


March of 2012
[DLSU Taft tryouts, Rizal Memorial]


Today, the 8thof October, Inigo Raphael Gonzales, aka "Nace", my one and only nephew - turns 18.  He is like a son to me.  Even though I resided in Bulacan during his first 13 years - I did see him often enough to witness and capture some of the more significant milestones, of his evolution as a football player.  Come January of 2007, I moved in into my brother's residence in South Bay Gardens, and have since shared more bonding moments with the young teen.


 1997 Film Portrait


2012 Digital Portrait


It just so happened though, that during the past few years, I got so caught up in my photography career, that I had not been able to craft any decent [at the least] good/great portraits of my nephew [who I claim to love] - considering all those jocks / guys and gals I've been working/hanging around with, AND taking loads and loads of portraits of !  Ironically, it was only last summer, sometime May [if my memory serves me right], that I was able to get a  few decent close up portaits of Nace -->the first ones in the last 3-4 years !! [Browsing through my hard discs, one can find hundreds of portraits of other people, taken in the past 3-4 years] Yet, here is my nephew, with only a handful of close ups - that were taken on-the-spot ONLY because I had to accompany him to a hospital ER in the middle of a summer's night .


 1995 Film Portrait


2000
The Beginner
[Southridge School]


May of 2012
[at the Pranaque Med Ctr ER!]

Love you Nace ! 
Stay Focused on your Goals !
Hope you mature into a nice well-rounded gentleman
any dad or uncle can be proud of.



"Tito" brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment