Saturday, October 20, 2012

Under Nineteen



PFF AFC U-19 Women's Championships
Qualifying Round 1
Group C

Myanmar  vs  Philippines
October 19, Friday
Rizal Stadium



First match

Chinese Taipei - 5       Hong Kong - 0





 Second Match

Myanmar - 4               Philippines - 0


 [Getting To The Meat of the Matter]
Here are images of 3 of Myanmar's 4 Goals.


 Goal # 1
Courtesy of Nilar Win [#26] [First half]


 Nilar [#26] is congratulated by her team mates.



Goal #2     May Thu Kyaw   [60th min]
Goal #3     Win Theingi Tun
Goal #4     Nilar Win  [again]  [85th min]


 The two images below are of  two of the next 3 goals by Myanmar.
[I don't remember which of the images is Goal #2, 3, or 4]






 A host of randomly arranged action images from both halves follow below:



RP Forward Alex Camcam [#9] vs Myanmar Midfielder Wuot Yee [#24]
[above & 2 images below]




 Forward Megan Diaz [#19]  is beaten to the ball May Zin Nwe.
[2 images below]





Is that Sara Castanaeda [#24] breaking away from the pack ?


Jennizel Cabalan [#10]  vs  Wuot Yee [#24]

 Ngu War Thei [#13] wrests control of the ball from Diaz.



 Alessandra "Alex" Camcam [in the 3-frame sequence below]
battles for possession against a dou of greenshirts. 







Four image sequence below shows a heroic effort 
by both the Philippines and Myanmar.
Myanmar saves this one.










Cristina de los Reyes [#14] is marked from minute one.  She did lead the Philippines to victory over Hong Kong, two nights previous to this one.
[Four photos follow]













- And - With All Due Respect & Tact  -  -  -

With the privilege of capturing and sharing private/sensitive moments [that are AND will always be part of the sports experience] - and in the spirit of tasteful journalism - I am releasing these post game images of Cristina de los Reyes - manifesting her disappointment over her team's 4-0 blowout.

No, no, no - as I've stated in a previous post [showing athletes experiencing the agony of defeat] - I don't have a morbid fascination in seeing athletes experiencing deep seated hurt over lost matches . I'd like to think that I am sensitive enough NOT to go "out of bounds" while literally stealing such moments - but I guess, that's the risk that has to be taken - If ever I want ot have "interesting enough" Human Interest Imagery. There is a lot of humanity to be shared in photos showing extreme emotion - - -

 Showing ALL MY extremely unflattering photos/images of athlete/coaches/fans crying and all - I think - will never be a good idea.  I do have to choose which ones to release.  [I carefully chose the 4 images that follow]

[bliss or sorrow] [sports or otherwise] - - - > And that is what I am really trying to share, even as I myself constantly am reminded of my own humanity.


A Mother is there for her daughter.

A Coach reaches out.

Friends divide the sorrow.





brosi gonzales


No comments:

Post a Comment