Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Favorite Female Faces [UAAP-PBA]



Live & Let Live     &    Own Thy Art


Lyane  O.
My Favorite Librarian
[video librarian, that is - for ABS-CBN]


In the Media Pool [PBA & UAAP]  [so I heard] - I have this rep for photographing pretty girls.  Hmmm,  Photographing pretty girls  .  .  . so what's the big deal 'bout that ??  Tell me.  I've been teased about it [kinakantsawan] occasionally and it is no secret that people have uttered uncalled for remarks and even labels about me.

  [Is that a cultural thing then ???? Ha!!  Kidding!]


But seriously, Yes ->seriously - When it comes to creating images  - It is always a serious artistic matter for me.  If others look at what I do - in a different light - By all means - Let them.

 My first few takes of Lyane
[above & below]





Before Game #2 of the Ateneo-UST Finals Series



I say -  Live and Let Live.



During the World 10-Ball Women's Championships last August 
[EDSA Galleria]


I'm not a perfect photographer, neither is my style or approach.  I can be makulit at times, but only because sometimes I try too hard to get that elusive hard-to-find moment and capture it.

 I've paid my dues, as far as available light and studio portraiture is concerned [I prefer the former, though] having shot for over a decade, and have had extensive laboratory/darkroom experience with Film [35mm and 120 medium format].




I do try to capture a lot of stolen moments [of jocks and spectators alike] [and it is definitely not easy to get a great stolen shot] but will occasionally try the simple approach of asking politely.  I have no set formula for getting the right image but I almost always find away to craft an image that is both technically and artistically competent.

And I know this for a fact - 

I have my own style -  and do have my own "touch" [modesty aside]. 
ergo .  .  .

 I "Own My Art"


The most important thing is that I continue honing my skills every single opp I get - and hopefully become a better photographer after every click of the shutter. It is that simple.


 Angela  G.

Probably the most soft spoken female photographer around - ever so fragile-looking Angela, mind you, shoots hard news.  She has a "humble mystery' 
[for lack of a better descript] about her - that's why I enjoy photographing her.



 Angela  G.


  Marian  A.'s shadow
[at the MoA service entrance - where I met her]



 Marian  A.
[after theThanksgiving Mass at the JESU]


 Muriel  O.
 [NU's Courtside Reporter] 


Muriel  O.

 Ericka  A.

Certainly one of the most animated, if not the most "physically expressive" [not in the "touchy, feely" way but in the "napakaenggano magkuwento" way ---> complete with facial expressions ! ] girls in the media pool - I did notice Ericka way back 2010 - and have continuously tried to steal shots of her "more expressive moments" ever since -> up to the present day.


 Ericka  A.



Kaka  J.
{during the Gatorade shoot inside theTeam [Cheerleading] Bus}

Kaka  J.
[while waiting for the bonfire - last Oct.13, Sat]


I Got Blued !!

L-R  
 Selina D.  /  Gai P.  /  Trinca D. / 
Ysa F. / Chesca L.
Without a doubt - The prettiest student managers around



Jessica  M.  &  Sel  G.

11 - 12 - 11
Smart Araneta
[after a PBA match]

Billie C. / Apple H.  /  Selina D.  / Judy S.










Like I Always Say

Live & Let Live    AND     Own Thy Art

brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment