Monday, October 01, 2012

The Lady Eagles




The Ties That Bind

The Lady Eagles


I came into the picture - rather - I started taking pictures of the Lady Eagles only last year [UAAP Season 74].  I was only able to cover less than half of their matches.  Nevertheless, I got a bit [hopefully, they too, with me] acquainted with the team and Assistant Coach [and former UAAP Champ] Erika Dy was kind enough to publish some of my photos in the Lady Eagle Newsletters  last season.


Fast forward to Season 75 - - -






Last September 13, at the Lady Eagles fund raiser [previous post titled "Gloria Maris"] I was fortunate enough to be able to take images of the Lady Eagles again, this time just having a pleasant evening.  Come September 30, yesterday, I again supported the team in the best way I could - photo document the match [and hoping they could take the formidable Adamson Lady Falcons to a rubber match, then hopefully win again - then enter the Finals].

The Falcons prevailed but the Lady Eagles went down fighting.

 Sarah Mercado, Val Chua, Corinne Javier, Ish Tiu had suited up for the last time [although Ish couldn't play because of an injury]. I understand Sam Ong still has a playing year left [contrary to what I thought I knew, a few weeks back].


 Anyway, here are a few compressed JPEGs [strictly non-action photos, at least in this post] randomly arranged [as usual].  


- Moments -


















 Head Coach Epoch Quimpo

 Ateneo President Fr. Jet Villarin


 Coach Erika Dy








 Final Bow




 Corinne

 Sarah

 Ish

 Sam

 Jen

 Val

 True Blue
The Ateneo Lady Eagle Family 





 Huling Hirit !!
Bakit Hindi ?

 Thank You Again, Coach Quimpo, Coach Escueta, & Coach Dy
for allowing me to be part of [in some small measure] 
the Lady Eagle Family.

[Sam & Jen, please suit up next year - I beg of you !]. 
brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment