Saturday, April 26, 2014

Friday Fab

First Five with a Lucky "7"




Meet the UP Fighting Lady Maroons' Basketball's Fab First Five

Maan Wong / Marika Esplana / Jo Bautista / Bea Daez / Tin Alliermo



I witnessed the UP Womens' Basketball Team - last Wednesday [when they beat CSB ->56-54] and yesterday afternoon [when they beat FEU ->57-49]. 

 After requesting permission from Head Coach Mon Garcia {who I introduced myself to, last Wed} and Assistant Coaches Susie Bambico and Che Lubiano  { who I also approached after the UP win over FEU } - UP's [shower fresh !] First Five graciously gave me a  few minutes of their time.  After my "usual intro" [hahaha]  and with their Winning Demeanor so Evident in their body language - "Twas just a matter of Angling my light source / Allowing them to be themselves / Composing my image ..  and Promptly clicking away 15 X - in a matter of just around 10-30 seconds - Tops !!


What Can I Say ?? I Just Love being "Charmed Outta my Artistic Wits" anytime 24/7 !! You know, these unplanned photo opps don't really come often.

Was just so pleased with my first fifteen images  - I just decided to cut it short - and let the ladies vamoose - OK na tong mga kuha na 'to - for starters lang to - marami pang pagkakataon na darating !!


No doubt - there'll be other more opps for me to craft even better images of this Fighting Fab Five !  The Lady Maroons' next match will be on May 14, vs NU.


Now, Why the Lucky "7" in the post title ? - You ask.

Bea Daez wears jersey # 7 --- In UP's win over CSB, Daez scored 13 pts., next to Maan Wong's 15  --- In UP's win over FEU, Daez led all scorers with 25 markers [hands down the game MVP]  ---  Daez can dictate the tempo of a match with her backcourt smarts [and speed] --- She's deadly from beyond the arc at the right corner --- besides being pretty .....

Dude -->You'll be real lucky to have this Looker on your team !

brosi gonzales


PS
YES - I do have decent action shots from the Lady Maroons' two consecutive wins  ---
--- Along with images from 10 basketball matches !! {which I shot on the last 6 days !  }
Thing IS - I'm so swamped with work It'll only be on Monday [Apr 28] when I'll be able to sift through all those game images [again] from the said 10 matches !!!  -- to choose a select few for blog posting

---I have to cover 5 basketball matches today, Saturday, and a Junior NBA Event,at the MOA, on Sunday

So, by Monday I can work on my backlog of 15 or so basketball matches - JeeZ !!





No comments:

Post a Comment