Thursday, April 24, 2014

V-League Thursday

Candids 
[and sentiments regarding my portraiture]





I'm sure you UAAP NU and/or AWV fans know that the Davao Lady Agilas upset the V-League Defending Champs Lady Bulldogs in 4 sets and that the UAAP Champion Lady Eagles swept the St. Louis Team in 3 sets, at the Arena, earlier today.

 Well, I caught the tail end of Set #4 of the Davao-NU match when, after a 23-all ---  both teams scored alternately until the score reached 30 - after which the Agilas were able to score two points in a row to finally ice the match [32-30] at the 4th set --- after winning the first 2 sets [25-10][30-28] - dropping the 3rd set [25-14] - then settling things once and for all with that Set 4 win.

The second match of the V-League twinbill saw Ateneo handily sweep St.Loius
 [25-16]   [25-18]  [25-13]

I just decided, tho, to post just seven uncaptioned game shots  from the said two matches  ---  and follow them up with a few B-t-Scenes candids of some of the Lady Eagles - OK ?


  



---------

Now, Moving on to the the Candids  ...

To the delight of the Lady Eagle fans ...
Playful Amy Ahomiro,  at one point in the 3rd Set, started to dance 
[the other Lady Eagles then started pointing at Alyssa - to no avail] -
on the sidelines, during a timeout -- Hahaha !





It was short-lived, tho, -OK Lang ! - It just showed how "Happy, Happy" 

[as Coach Thai Bundit would chide] the Lady Eagles were .......



Rissa / Therese / Jirah / Anna

 Marge

 Amy

 Michelle / Kassandra

 Anna / Therese / Rissa / Jirah

 Dzi / Jirah

 Jia / Ella

 Johndel / Nacio / Marge
 -------

J - J - J - Jia !

Look at these 4 shots [below] if Jia [from a series of 10]. YES !, I just Love and Adore --->Absolutely !! -- these types of images.  Impromptu / On-the-Spot / On-a-Whim ...I just decided to watch Set #4 of the Ateneo-St. Louis match from just a few meters behind the Lady Eagles' bench, and when I noticed Jia [to my left] - I knew {in an  instant} then, that 'twould be just a matter of seconds before I'd be crafting another set of priceless [never again to be repeated !!!] On-the-Spot Portraits of this charming athlete   ---   Images that not only show my portrait smarts & skills
-- but present Jia in fresh new "light", in a way NEVER done before

yet, ---> still very simple in approach  !!

 If these don't show the merits of stealing portraits -- 
-- I don't know what else can  .






I love pictures that can make the viewer "fall in love" w/ my subject, or, at the very least find them MORE adorable {enuff to want to like to hug'em and kiss'em !!}

I've "trained" myself, in such a way, that when I photograph someone - She is, at that moment in time, to me --->the most beautiful person in the world.
One can even say, that through the years {from my Black & White film days - to the present} that I've fallen in love {Metaphorically Speaking !!} thousands o' times -
Hahahahaha !! -- crafting all those portraits.

--- And even if I had experienced a One-on-One portrait shoot w a Miss Universe {back in my fill days} - I would not even put her above the rest - that "Miss U" is ONLY a title !! -- I do enjoy shooting "regular people" as much, even more than any Miss Universe or what.

Sappily Spoken like a true Artist ?? 
 Never enough proclaiming it - One has to live it.    Hey, That's Just me.


 Therese and Rissa

 Now, In the examples above and below --- taken seconds apart ---
 One may compare the merits of a stolen portrait and a posed one.
Which is actually better or preferrable ?? 


I never try to answer that question - It's Pointless.  Maybe, it depends on the situation, maybe it doesn't --- Whatever - Follow my instincts and just try my best whatever the scenario.

Jirah

I actually stole some shots of Jirah relaxing [seated] on the Arena corridors  { just before an Ateneo match at the Arena }  way back May 20, 2012 !!.  I clearly remember the date because I  actually had a med length conversation [and took posed close-ups]  of/with Denden Lazaro - whilst Jirah was behind her.

When I saw Jirah at the Arena earlier - she was so, so much more attractive -  { Yes, i did mention that to her - telling her directly  --->" I  'get' your beauty"  }  ... Situations like that do make it so much easier [and enjoyable]  for me to craft  my portraits - BUT - sometimes  I still CAN'T "accurately" bring out "that" which "hooks" me - that "intangible" -- Hell, Jirah might not even like the stolen shot above  ! [The one above - I do like it - for starters - it's OK] - Generic image ? - OK lang - 

Down the  road - I know I'll eventually come up with a great portrait - of an oft photographed subject sooner or later cos that IS what I Strive for 24/7


I'd like LOVE to shoot a better one of Jirah, next time -- I certainly do hope
 the opp comes !!  - Whenever -- Whatever  ...

It's still the images of Julia "Jia" Morado --- my best of her So Far .. that
---> Eye Like --->the Best!  [for this blog post ONLY, tho]


Just Sharin'

brosi gonzales


Tags
ateneoladyeagles ateneowomensvolleyball jiamorado jiralanete rissasato annagopico kenggequillana theresegaston johndelarmada nacioyatco elladejesus dzigervacio amyahomiro


No comments:

Post a Comment