Tuesday, April 08, 2014

In Total Contrast

Worlds Apart


Yesterday, Monday - as I was browsing through the images I shot from the ->Gilas vs PBA AllStars Exhibition Match held at the MoA on Sunday evening, and a few street photographs I took [on the way home to Sucat] - much later that night - Not surprisingly,  I just noticed the stark contrast between two individuals I photographed - How very, very different their present lives are --- how happy, hopeful, promising and filled with so many opportunities everything seems to be for one and how very uncertain, and very depressing the other one's life totally looks.

EDSA-Pasay Road Intersection

They are complete strangers to me.

I took candids of the "priveleged one" in the comfortable confines of the MoA Arena, he was with his "alalay" and the girfriend of his superstar athlete father, James Yap.  As usual, I was just just trying to craft some interesting behind-the-scenes image [that might have some artistic merit to it] [easier said-than-done] that might be "blogworthy", so to speak - of Bimby.



On he other hand, the sampaguita vendor that I chanced upon, sleeping on an island curb, on the EDSA-Pasay Road intersection - at around 10:00 pm past - obviously caught my attention - I simply had to capture an image of the  obviuosly exhausted young boy, in that "unscripted scenario" which  simply spoke volumes ...

Sampaguita Vendor

I'm no "bona-fide street photographer", if ever there is such a term, nor am i "paparazzi" -  The only time I take lots of street photos is when I travel across Asia.  I really don't want to say much, if anything at all, about my sleeping sampaguita vendor photo. It is what it is.

No offense meant to Bimby, but his pictures are mundane and so boringly inconsequential, compared to the subtle drama of the sleeping sampaguita vendor's images.  I find the SSV snaps very sad -  true - but they tell a story  .. OK na yon for this random blog feat.

brosi gonzales


No comments:

Post a Comment