Friday, April 18, 2014

Rock Photos

Blast from My Past


I do know that Perf de Castro [from thre ORIGINAL River Maya ---> Bamboo / Rico Blanco / Perf de Castro / Nathan Azarcon]  bought an {16 X 20} analogue print of the said image below - more than a decade ago, from me ...

---  But since I moved on from my "Rock Past" [mid-90's], when I'd occasionally tour w the likes of Wolfgang, Color it Red, and True Faith, After Image - etc...[remember Wency Cornejo ?] in out of town gigs {and take LIVE shots, using 35mm Kdakn TriX Black White Film !! - at that} that hot and sweaty summer of 1995  -- I'd actually lost touch and track since ... and had to attend to more extremely pressing "non-photographic" concerns - til I eventually reinvented myself into the sports photojournalist I am today.




Fortunately - I was able to preserve several "Black & White-Colored" analogue prints - from that period of my life.  Yes - as in the Perf de Castro LIVE shot [River Maya Live at the Folk Arts Theatre] above - I shot the image w an analogue Nikon 35mm cam, using w/ Black & White Film -- - I SHIT YOU NOT !   -- I then {MANUALLY !!!} chemically treated .......

{ notice the light-blue smudge patterns cascading downwards and the "flaming" guitar colors -  which, actually came from the said chemicals }

Perf de Castro

 ....... the negative surface with chemicals - to add color to the erstwhile monochrome negatives -- & then proceeded to have the, now "Black & White  WITH Color" negatives to a reputable photo lab and had them printed in color - ergo, the resulting color prints.  I scanned my prints on a flatbed to have JPEGs of the said images. [I have several of these types]

One can always visit www.brosigonzales.blogspot.com [my first EVER, blog] and browse through the FIRST 10 ENTRIES in that blog [June of 2011 pa yon!] -

 [ but 'twould be an exercise in patience cos one'll have to browse backwards from my April, 2012 post {My LAST post on that blog}  - all the way back to my June, 2011, maiden posts.  ]

Talk about "payin my dues" !! -  as far as REAL, traditional photography is concerned ...  ...  ... These images should settle the issue ... ... ...
 
I taught myself photography thru available light portraiture, and did work in an adverstising/fashion studio in Makati, way back when  - where I learned to "see" and shoot in Black & White AND ALSO learned Darkroom Technique - as in intensive lab work w/ Black & White Film --> Processing and Printing - ALL manually done, of course.

 Cookie Chua & Color it Red
LIVE - at UP Los Banos  

{Again, notice the smudge "pahid" patterns -> even the tiny bubbles !! 
- on the photo above  
AND on the last, last photo down below - the one with reds & yellows}
- at 70's Bistro

My analogue "rock imagery", hopefully,  should be definitive enough to show the level of "Non-Digital Photogrtaphy" skills I've learned. 

I don't know if I could have ever streched the limits of analogue photography then,
EVEN BEYOND what I did  ---->  At least I tried !
and have these PRICELESS images to prove it.



Suffice it to say, these days - My Digital sports photojournalism and portraiture keep me extremely busy  [I'm dabbling in some other types of photography, but, my material, from such types, is something I prefer to withhold - for now].  - But Hey ! -
Who knows - I just might find a way to strech the limits of Digital Photography one way or another ... ... ... ...

Getting the Best from Both Worlds - Priceless.


brosi gonzales


No comments:

Post a Comment