Saturday, April 05, 2014

Tugging My Heart strings ..

Just Sharin a photo  ..

 - taken by
Veteran AP Press Photographer [& Pulitzer Prize Winner -2005]
ANJA NEIDRINGHAUS




I'm not one to post pictures taken by other people, in this blog - But, on this rare, rare instance - I will  - Why so ?

It's just that when I came across this image in the internet -------[Sure, I see a lot of these types of photos - that are "churned out" 24/7 by extremely skilled and courageous photojournalists the world - every time I surf the web]--------  it really got to me Big Time !

No need to try to "analyze" why, among all of the hundreds I've seen before,  this one just hit me in a manner like no other - I end up sharing it -  Whatever.

Basta, It's just so Tragic yet Beautiful, It's Raw, It's Compelling -- etc.,  etc., etc. yada, yada, yada    - It's All of the Above [so to speak] and So Much More    ...


The power of single photograph   .....  Awesome  !!

No wonder, my friend Czar, posted a link {that I immediately checked out}  that led me to see her work - I had no clue then, that she was that  particular journaslist - that was, according to a recent CNN episode,  hadcrecently been killed in Afghanistan ......   so I googled her name tolearn more about her.


Ainja Niedringhaus
1965 - 2014

Niedringhaus was shot to death by an Afghan policeman,
just yesterday ! [April 4].







No comments:

Post a Comment