Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Personal Challenge

How Do I Outdo This ?


Rebel Yell


This image is about 3 years old.  I shot it at the Rizal Memorial during an Azklas game vs Kuwait.  Since then, through the past years I've shot thousands of football action shots,  from various leagues --- RIFA, UAAP, UFL, Pinay Futbal, etc, etc --- and have crafted some great action shots "along the way"  ... ...   

I thought, then, that soo ner than later I'd get a shot that would outclass this one, yet, somehow, this single image, at least, in my opinion - so far - has withstood the test of time - has still been my Best Among the Best.

It has a high level of Tecnical AND Artistical Competence [like most of my other "great ones"] - but, as I've stated - it somehow still IS the better image among all.

Been trying to replace this as my All-Time Favorite Football Action Photo - all these years - and have failed challenge.

When I Finally, get that shot that will, hands down, outshine this one
- I will be very gratified - and be Challenged Anew.

-------


Now, the two images below, taken Feb.9 of 2011, a few months before I shot "Rebel Yell" are actually very OK. 

They capture the fast, fleeting dramatic seconds after Azkal Chieffy Caligdong scored over Mongolia, at the Panaad Stadium [Suzuki Cup/Asian Cup Qualifiers - I don't recall anymore] in Bacolod. [Yes, that was during the "more popular days" of the Azkals] - And dude, that win over Mongolia really made Big Headlines ! [and Yes, the Azkals won that match]



Fortunately, the second of the two images became my first ever Newspaper Spread - [which came out on Friday, February 12.]  I photographed my own copy of that newsaper issue.  I placed a metal ruler below the sheet, before I shot,  to show a sense of scale.



Still - I consider the "Rebel Yell" photo - a bit better 
than the two "Caligdong Goal"  photos


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment