Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Lady Maroons

Lots More Comin'
where these came from ... 
-- But for now these will suffice --





 I've covered ALL three Filoil matches of the UP Lady Maroons, and will be at the Arena, come their next match [vs UE, May 21 thereabouts]



The posts in this blog are simply "eternal vignettes" from my daily, rather, weekly routine in my sports calendar - wherein I occasionally make the acquiantance of teams and individual athletes from various schools, organizations, and sports orgs.

ALL in days "work" ? Yes.  And if my work translates into play [which is almost always everytime]  - the Better !!

You will definitely see a lot more of this young Lady Maroon Team, 
[in this blog] -----

.......among other teams, competing in the Filoil Basketball Tourney, which I am deprioritizing - as of late - due to budget constraints of the said tourney - They actually DON'T HAVE an Official Budget allocation for photography !!  and it was the only the SPONSORSHIP and "PAGKAGALANTE" of a very good media colleague [and close friend] of mine that financed my coverage of particular matches, only, so far !!   To think, that they [Filoil]  claim to be the "biggest" basketball tournament in MManila ?!  -
 So Much for Big [Hollow] Talk !.......

------ the Ateneo Blue Eaglets, the FEU Tams and/or maybe the UE Red Warriors, Letran Knights, San Beda Red Lions, and the DLSU Green Archers - in particular - soon.

Still got my PBA, V-League, Super Liga [opening this Friday, May 16, at the Cuneta], Pinay Futbol, various local MMA events,  a few triathlons, private portrait shoots {Love Those !!!}  , [some budior photography, even] to keep my DSLR shutters in Motor Drive - all through summer.

Again - My thanks to the UP Lady Maroons and Coach Mon Garcia !


-------------

Hmm..... I'm deciding, On a Whim - Now - 

To add a few action shots { though - I will def will release more Lady Maroons action shots - soon - I'm just backlogged to the Max !! - So What's new ?? Hahaha ! }  from NU's lopsided 66-46 win over UP.

Fact IS - Game 4 of the PBA Commissioner's Cup Finals is on Tonight -  Tho, I will have to MISS IT cos I have to spend Time w DAD tonight - and STILL I haven't completely watermarked ALL my Choice Action Shots [Let alone release them!!}   from Games 1, 2 and 3 of the Finals 

  
Janina Tatel [#17] - Coming of the bench, converts [2/3], Good !
Maan Wong [#13] - The Queen Maroon !!- Ya can Never Keep the FightingEST Lady Maroon down !! - Drills 16 - to lead ALL scorers


Walang ng Isip-Isep saksak agad !!
Hahaha !! [joke lang]


With team cap, Bea Daez, having a forgettable game, Coach Garcia gives  Iriss Iisp [#4] 11 minutes to test her speed and court smarts.  Although her first attempt [a 3-pointer] "seemed" ill-advised - Isip eventually gets her game going, and follows Wong's 16 with 8 of her own [ 8 pts in11 min']
 - not bad .




Last Season 76 - I witnessed the NU Lady Bulldogs strech the formidable DLSU Lady Green Archers to 3 games, only to fold in the 2nd Half of Game # 3 of the Finals.

Still, that wasn't for naught - the Lady Bulldogs' court savvy and experience - teach the Lady Maroons what it takes to make headway in a league, any league for that matter.  It is a Priceless, Painful learning experience, indeed, for this Lady Maroon Team.





I will continue to support the UP Lady Maroons and the Ateneo Lady Eagles hoops teams - simply by taking decent photos of their matches, whenever my sked allows.  Mah' two favorite UAAP Womens' Teams - Why ? 

 Why Not ??


brosi gonzales


PS
I still have images fr that NU vs UP match 2b released - along w an arbitrary number of match photos from Filoil's May 14 five-game playdate  -  and Yes - My images from games 1, 2, and 3 of the  "Commish" Cup Finals - feat San Mig and Talk n' Text


Tags
maanwong irissisip marikaesplana janinatatel upfightingladymaroons mongarcia tinalliermo beadaez jbbautista trishapasquerra delanelapid isayaurellado alexisfranco rodas

No comments:

Post a Comment