Monday, May 05, 2014

Jovelyn & Rachel

Fit  n' Fab
- I'll Welcome these Volleybelles to my team,
 [that is, if I had one - ha!]
 Anytime !


The last time I encountered Rachel Daquis and Jovelyn Gonzaga was late 2013, when they were troopers for the Army [Super Liga Team]. 
 Fast forward to today [summer of 2014] - and Man ! - these Statuesque Ones are as Fit { both weighing less than a 110 lbs. !! - Yup, I clarified that from both Rachel & Jovelyn } and Fab as ever !



Rachel's and Jovelyn's looks and demeanor could even pass them for college rookies - and combined with their volleyball Smarts and Skills - these girls are without a doubt - Great ASSets to any team lucky enough to guest them [this 11th Season of the Shakey's V-League] - and that team is the FEU Lady Tamarraw Team.



With the blessing of FEU University Athletics Director Mark Molina, I was allowed to take a Group Shot of the New FEU Lady Tamarraws Volleyball Team [after their win over CSB]

 Coach "Shaq"


Mark Molina [in green] gives words of encouragement

Simple, Comfortable & Easy on the Eyes !   --->  Wonderful  !!!
Thank YOU !  Lady Tams !!!

While these images of the Lady Tams [still] don't have that "Up-Close-and-Personal" and "more soulful"  "intimate" touch, my images of the Lady Eagles have -- { maybe, in due time - I'll get those kind of images - Who knows ? } - These team photos are A-OK !!

They give a sense of family { so indespensable to any team }  Seeing it ain't enough --  I gotta feel it !--> They, the team, should feel it too !!

It took me a long time {years, actually !!} before I got the "pulse" and  "throb"  of the Lady Eagles {earning their trust, being allowed inside the Lady Eagles dugouts after matches - first time was way back 2010 ---> I had to EARN that ALL of that !! -  mind you }


-----Yup - I've done post match team shots inside the Lady Archers dugouts [Mika Reyes' rookie year] [Only Once!] and the Lady Tigers, too [Sev X na]  - and It's just a privilege one cannot simply take for granted ... [and that has to be earned]-----

Taking group shots is just taking a "collective portrait"  of a bunch of people.  And you know me - I Love Sports Action Photos but I Do - and Always Will -   Adore Portraiture.

 BTW, here are a few stolen images of Jovelyn and Rachel , taken inside the FEU dugouts.  {Again, not at the same "level" as my Lady Eagle Images - but , hey - with a lot of patience , and trust - and a measure of time - It can be done - We'll see ....}






"Little" Rachel - Hahaha !!

My personal impression of Rachel ---> She's just a little girl, trapped in a young adult's body ---- She IS Naturally Super Kenkoy ! -> Totally GOOFY ! {I only realized that at the Shakey's V-League All-Star Event, and during the Super Liga, 2nd Conference - both held late, 2013 } -- and this young adult  -- and as is Obvious - has Great Volleyball Smarts and Skills  -- and always has a Blast !  On & Off the Court  !!!

.. and so does this former collegialla from the Visayas  ...

   
Jovelyn  ->  Fit,  Fast,  Furious !!


PS - HEY !! - LOOKIE HERE Guys !!

Reposting my Best Gonzaga/Daquis On-the-Spot Portrait {So far} {taken late last year during the Super Liga Open Conference} !!!  

Pipilitan kong daigin 'to ngayong 2014  !! - Kaunting Tutok at Tiyaga lang -  AT Lubos-lubos na TIWALA,  galing kay Jovelyn at Rachel !!


Fit, Fab and Funny  !!!
Goofy, Adorable and Lovable !!!

brosi gonzales 

PS - PS
I actually have a series of consecutive solo images {around 30 shots!!}  of Rachel Daquis, seated on the floor [sidelines] incessantly laughing her head off !!!  Truth be Told ! - Surely, that deserves a separate goofy post, of this adorable 20-something.

YES, in due time - I'll post them - The mood will just come whenever ! - ha !!

This threesome image of Daquis, w/ Gonzaga, and the ArmyTeam Thai import - was actually taken AFTER I shot that series of 30-something  candids of Rachel goofing her head off [pretty much from the same angle - albeit solo].

With her yellow jacket and the aqua-colored backdrop and the MOST infectious smile ever  {this side of the Panama Canal !} they are nothing less than "Gems-of -[goofy]-Photos" that are totally priceless !!

 ... And IT IS NOT often those moments come, guys, sometimes,  I'm just Lucky to be around when they happen - and sometimes I have to initiate it, too, though - somehow ...

 ------------

But, my other "Gems-of-Photos"  that are absolutely priceless to me - are my Personal On-the-Spot Solo Portrait Shoots of my Close Friends - taken in airports lounges, airport lobbies, carnivals, pizza parlors, art galleries, movie premieres, dinner dates, coffee shops, even gyms, and outdoor parking lots - 

Maybe ALL my Soulful On-the-Spots [combined]  [taken in sporting events] give a hint of how beautiful these portraits might be - Whatever ...

Yes, they are Beautiful Indeed {They Totally Hit Home !!}- so Beautiful, in fact - that I have no intention of releasing them in my blog or flickr sites  ...  My "sports-related" portraits and on-the-spots [I think]  are enough to show a decent measure of my photographic skillZ.


Tags
rachelannedaquis jovelyngonzaga shakeysvleague feuladytams markmolina

No comments:

Post a Comment