Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Monday Night at Skinny Mike's

Faces - Fresh and Familiar
at
FOX Quiz Night


 
                          Fresh-> Camille               Familiar ->Rikki
              [though the drink is the one in focus - haha]

Master of Ceremonies - Nikko Ramos

 Fresh Faces - College Kids on vacation ->Mavis, Nesty and Camille
are buddies of my media buddy Alexx E - A good rind of mine, since 2011
[She's [w glasses]  in the twosome photo below]



Yes, that's Alexx on the right.  She does PR for FOX, and she was the one
 who invited me to Quiz Night. That's Kerwin on the left.
Both are still in college. 




Sports Fans All
Justin, Rikki, Tin, Aaron [aka Josh Strike]



What's a little friendly competition without a few "winners" and a few "losers" Hu ?


All in All - Everybody had a generous serving of Prizes and Freebies  .....




Met Rikki "Flo" sometime June of 2010 - Met Tin Gamboa March 31,2012 [2b exact, at Magic 89.9 ].  Since then I'd [ever so often] bump into them in all sorts of events [mostly sports related]

Easy to get their "kiliti" na. They're pretty much used to my "deskarte" - when it comes to taking On-the-Spots.

.....  And just as we were all leaving .....



Rear - Nikko / Justin 
Front - Tin / Rikki / Justin's girlfriend


Camille / Nesty / Mavis / Alexx / Kerwin

Outside Skinny Mike's, as I was saying my good-bye's to Alexx and Kerwin - I noticed the lights of the TURF [just a block away] and could barely discern some booters getting a good "Monday night sweat" - so I told Alexx I had to proceed to the TURF cos I just might bump into some friends.

With just a good 20 meters or so before I hit the pitch - the TURF's lights were shut down - still I decided to pass that block - and noticed, instead - Caucasians.  But, in the last sec, as I was about to leave the area - Lois Hain, Cha Guancia [and a new member] of the DLSU Football Team came into view.  

So, Just another simple brief catch-up talk with Lois and Cha {  an fb friend, who I've seen score goals so many times in the Ateneo Football Fields, and even as far as the Roxas City Sports Complex  [Uni-Games 2011]  } ensued.  With Cha, having finished her playing years, and Lois, on her last - come Season 77 of the UAAP - Lois is now part of the core of the Hans Smit-mentored Lady Archer Team.  {  At present, though, the DLSU Womens' Football Team is undergoing a "total revamp" - but I'm sure Lois will stay in the team, along with Toni N and a few others [whose nicknamss I forget]

'Twas a "perfect opp" for On-the-Spots - but my DSLR was all secured/packed up already - and anyway, the girls were in a hurry too, so...  never bothered.

It's just that such totally unexpected/unplanned , albeit very brief encounters can produce the most -"keepsake" images [It Just Happens to ALL the Time - to my pictures !!}- not necessarily the planned/set-up/"hey-let's-get-everybody-here-for-a-posed-group-shot". { Come the next UAAP -I'll be seeing Lois and Cha, naman - that'll be cool  }

I actually just meant to "check out" - The FOX Quiz Night, that is - Since when in my life did I ever attend a "Quiz Night" Hu ?   With my  "No Assumptions - bahala na - no expectations" mindset - I ended up having a nice time - with a nice combo of "fresh" and "familiar" faces to lighten up a Monday night [when I'm usually glued to my desktop at home, STILL sifting through the past weeks "JPEG overload", and trying to catch up on my "blog backlog dilemna"  hahaha!] 

 So much for "quiz night" ...
I'll just cap this post with a most "Quizzical Portrait" ...


brosi gonzales


PS
Jesus ! 
Still have to watermark my Cignal vs Systema / Air Asia vs Cagayan / FEU vs NU
Super Liga  and Shakey's V-League match photos from Friday and Sunday


No comments:

Post a Comment