Friday, June 06, 2014

Friday

Playin'  &  Plain
Favorites









When I use the adjective "favorite" - I usually think of a favorite person[s] [w/o a micro second's hesitation]. Hey, I take thousands of portraits in a month [Not to mention Sports Action Shots - Oops, they AREN'T portraits]. Not one to "admit' names of my favorite subjects - Let me just say - they vary from close friends [even closer friends], crushes, media buds [male and/or female] who I get along pretty well with, a boss or two, athletes who I admire, athletes who I'm quite acquainted with - and  so on and so forth - whatever.  Suffice it to say I love having favorite subjects.

But Hey, as far a photography is concerned - I have favorites --->as in - Techniques ["deskarte"], Angles, Lighting Situations, Lenses, and Challenges too. One thing quite obvious in this blog post is my love [a "form" of favoritism] for Black & White & my habit of taking B-t-Scenes whenever I can.
[I'm a "Moodaholic']

Earlier, at the Emperador Stadium - Every photog [understandably] was pretty much concerned with the on-going training sessions of  Team James and Team Phil w guest players Paul Scoles and Andrew Cole. 

I actually wasn't planning to drop by the training thingy - and, at the last minute [ around 3 p.m. - I aborted planned trips to the Arena in San Juan and the Cuneta Astrodome] headed to Emperador Stadium w/o the appropriatte lens [my 100-400mm telephoto] - SO i just tried to "manage" w/ my 100mm and 50mm lenses.

Anyway - My Main Concern this weekend Is the DREAM Match [to be held tom pa] - so OK lang if I just get B-t-Scenes stuff na lang fr today..... albeit very, very few 





















I was trailing my two media buds on the pitch, when I saw the overcast backdrop - so I immediately asked them to turn around and pose - while I shot 2 quick frames - hoping to capture the dark-blue-grey of the sky to complement [and add soul] to their erstwhile "generic" firing squad portriat.

A Favorite Technique ---> Using Available Light
A Favorite Situation ---> unplanned photo opp w an unexpected great background [to boot] - that probably would have been gone in a minute or two

This fleeting photo opp made for a Friday Favorite - worth posting.



brosi gonzales

Tags
rickolivares cathyrivilla cedelftupas jeromeescano carlosacamos michelleteves natalieteves belayfernando mikhaildeguzman ceres martinsandiego giagalvez ninobautista

No comments:

Post a Comment