Monday, September 26, 2016

Ago .....

from August 22, 2012
{Robinson's Galleria}


be like.... Exactly !
Four Years, One Month, & Four Days Ago,
 {that is}


By some happenstance, I discovered a folder {in my Ext HDDs} which had exactly 5 shots from the Womens' 10-Ball World Championships [held at Robinson's Galleria last 2012] along with sev shots from various 2012 sports events.

Checked the dates on the pool images and discovered that they were shot on August 22, 2012.

The said 5 images, at the very least, compelled me to compare my imagery [style, technique, what have you] from that time, to present.

Having said that, here they are ...


Pan Xiaoting {China}

Jamine Ouschan {Austria}




These were not necessarily my best images from that tourney - but rather, that they are just a few of my many "random favorites/pickings".

Shooting flaxen-haired Ouschan in low,low light, trying to capture some texture in my images, whilst trying to get some backlighting in the process - that was tough.




With Pan's porcelain-like complexion ["mala-porselanang kutis"], couldn't help but try to get some well-lit stills [on the "TV table", where the more important matches were played] of the first ever full-time [pro] pool player from China.



Yeah, Pan - Love Me 
I'm yours [maski pan-samantala lang ok ba sa'yo?]


Truth is, a year later + {early November, 2013} {this time, at Resorts World} - i got to spend some long minutes with Pan {"ti-nable ko siya" - ha ha ha! joklang pre}. 

Seriously, tho, i got to chat w her, up-close-and-personal at that - even met her mom and dad, yes, over drinks pa !

Took advantage and crafted some close-ups of Pan - w/ mom & dad, and with two pool players from Korea {maybe I'll share that or not ? - whatever }

Simply put - 'Twas all good.

{If i were tacky enough, maybe I wouldda worn that "Love" ME T-shirt - see the photo above .... as if}

.. then again ... IF I find my Nov/2013 close-ups of Pan soon
{maybe i should look for them} - I'll insert a few in this 
[edit this] post - Why Not ? 

 It'll be all good.


brosi gonzales


PS !!
Here's one, from 2013, right of my flickr page !!





 Pan Pauses

Pan tries to figure out here next move
{during a crucial pool match}.
- November 3, 2013 - Resorts World, Manila -





No comments:

Post a Comment