Wednesday, October 02, 2013

B-t-Scenes - October 2

October 2, Wednesday 

First Dibs [at the SMART Araneta] &
 Parting Shots [at Gerry's Grill]


- post presently being updated -
-  More JPEGs 2 be added, resized and text 2 eb added  too -

Arrive at the Araneta [close to noon], in time to catch the 4th Qtr of the UAAP Womens' Basketball Finals Game #1.  Take a few action shots. {the DLSU Lady Archers lose to the NU Lady Bulldogs} - Minutes after the match I ask 11 memebers of the DLSU Animo Squad to pose for me at the SMART Araneta center [Green Gate] lobby.

--- First Dibs ---

some members of the
DLSU Animo Squad

Rear-L>R  Hannah Nepomuceno / Eileen Shi / Gel Kapunan /
Candice Geralde / Mapple Triesle / Gill Santos
Front-L>R  Bianca Manalang / Tasha Sipuatco / Kristine Go /
 Kating Enriquez / Sandy Buendia


Five-JPEG-Insert below - Just decided, on a whim, to post it.  [Halftime Routine during the UST-DLSU Finals Match #1 ]

Beside the eleven guys I just met,  I know, only Maja Reyes [right] and Alex Lisbona [no photo] plus Mark and two other dudes - All from the Animo Squad.  Shouldn't be that difficult to fill in the names of these other Animo guys soon



Hope to take more pictures of the group, come Saturday [Finals Game #2]



Now --- Where Was I ???  .   .   .


Actually the DLSU Animo Squad Girls are not the first subjects I photograph, Wednesday.  It's the DLSU Lady [Hoopsters] Archers and the NU Lady Bulldogs who get first dibs  [since their images are action shots - they won't be seen in this B-t-Scenes post].

 I simply can't think of any title -to refer to this set of B-t-Scenes photos, which were all taken ONLY -- during the lull between the NU Lady Bulldogs-Lady Archers match and the UST-DLSU Seniors Finals match #1, and only after the said Tigers-Archers match.



Men in Black [and orange and grey]
Noel Zarate / Coach Alan Gregorio / Jonas Terrado / Ruben Terrado


 OTS portrait of Jason Perkins.
After several very brief conversations w Jason [through the past weeks] -  my impressions are - that he is a very well-mannered, decent person and is very well focused/disciplined on his goals [on & off the court].


 First Year, First UAAP Finals Experience
Give an acknowledging nod to lucky Archer rookie Kib Montalbo,
 just before I take his picture.

I wait for the moment when the A-Board lights
 hit AVO 's face at a certain angle, then press my shutter.


 Surreal ?
No, no, no - didn't apply Adobe on these images. Notice how the images of Perkins and Teng [below] look pasted on the backgrounds !!  It's the nuances of available light playing on the textures, contrast and depth - that I exagerate simply by using Microsoft Picture Manager !

Fact is The only time I use Adobe is when I paste Gatorade logos on my Action Shots for Gatorade's ad agencies.

[But sometime soon I'd love to do learn, then use Adobe proficiently - You'll see]




 Jeric

Clark and LA


ACL brace
During my brief conversation with Growling Tiger Brian So, 
[and just out of curiosity] I take a photo of his leg brace.





- Prepping for Ze Big One -
 Ina Ongsiako and Kristelle Ann Batchelor [below]

 Ina

Kristelle

Almond

Last minute Pep Talk  [just before they enter the hardcourt] from Mr. T


--- The action shots will be featured in a separate post ---


UST Takes Game One.
The Tigers can win the UAAP Gold outright, 
with a Win this Saturday, October 5 [Araneta]


--- After the Buzzer ---







Jahni and Kevin

Boom and TJ

Coach Alan and Noel

some restful UST fans


Juno                                               Pido



 Met Sygryd F. recently [during the 2 games previous toGame#1], along with her Gang of Green .  Did actually post around 10 or so JPEGs of that group, in previous posts ! After the game I stole shots of Sygryd, looking "sad". Eventually, I approached her. Her buddies Jino F. and Timmy T. were with her, also killing time at the ringside area.  Told her I did get some shots of her crying.  She said she "wasn't crying".  I grinned  .  .  .

 Nice comment !  .  .  .  I get it Sygryd - I do get it 

Will I see you with your buds on Game 2 ?





BTW, Sygryd - I discovered a candid shot of you, which  I took at the MoA Last Year - [Season 75] - I will post it soon - probably alongside some shots of you and your posse  from Game #2 [assuming I find you guys amidst the expected HUGE crowd - Hope I do!!!]

The Visiting Tiger [and former UAAP Champ] - Dylan


Kevin     ->Profile Pic ?


--- At Gerry's Grill [Ali Mall] ---
-Just so happens only half of the Growling Tigers attend the dinner -
[notably, Teng and Ferrer are not present]


Kristelle, with her friends Kakai and Gorlu

'






That's Rochelle w her mom.  Karim and Rochelle are now inspired parents to KR [Karim Rodrigo], who came into this world -12: 30 p.m., last September 2, Monday - And Yes, I will take heir family portraits, sometime after the Finals - and I hope Karim Abdul would have won his First UAAP Gold, by then


--- Parting Shot ---

- Mga "Bosing" ng UST Growling Tigers -

Go USTe, Go USTe, Go, Go, Go, Go, 
Go USTe !!!


brosi gonzales


Tags
uaapseason76 uaapseason76championships gameonefinalsuaapseason76 ustgrowlingtigers
dlsugreenarchers pidojarencio junosauler jericteng kevinferrer eddaquiaog paolope clarkbautista karimabdul jeronteng almondvosotros arnoldvanopstal norberttorres thomastorres larevilla gerrysgrill kristelleannbatchelor kibmontalbo

No comments:

Post a Comment