Thursday, October 03, 2013

Subtle - Soulful

Batchy and Yvette
[pre-game and post-game] 

Two images did really help make my day, yesterday, Wednesday.  

The first one was taken as Kristelle Ann Batchelor was [around 3:30pm, thereabouts] prepping for Game #1 of the UAAP Finals.  I non-chalantly approached the sidelines, knelt a meter or two in front of her, then soft spokenly uttered -"Kristelle, don't look at me." Right then and there she knew what kind of image I had in mind. An image of Kristelle, not looking at me [concentrating on her notes], is feat a post previous to this. 

After several "no-look" shots. I called her attention, this time I told her [again, in a soft-neutral tone] - "OK, Now look at me" - I clicked again 2-3 times, said "Thank You" [softly-again] - stood up, then simply walked away.

 The image below is my favorite from that small set.


"Batchy"


--------------------------------------------------------


Have taken a decent number of candids of Jane Bracher [also a Thomasinan], during the few occasions that she watched UAAP Mens' Basketball games.  She is all too well aware of that [and probably so used to it, by now]. A day or two ago, I E-mailed her a few of her photos, along w a brief letter, touching on portraiture and a PS that asked her to just trust in my skills, always.

Yesterday, We, along with a bunch of media guys were just doing our thing [she was interviewing] [I was taking photos] in-and-out of the UST locker room.

Had already taken two quick snaps of Jane [w/ her approval], in the Press Room earlier.  Now, outside the UST locker room just as she finished her interview w/ Kevin Ferrer I asked for them to pose together.

Happily reminded Kevin of the 3-point shots he had been making, the past UST Wins and then told him to stick his tongue out [in context!], quickly urged him to put his right arm over Jane's shoulders - and just hoped for the best. It was not the same "Bouuyaahh!!-Pang-Asar Game Tongue " he put out but - 'twas fine by me  -  and as for Jane - a bit o' spunk, a little soul - woah !!  Just Loved the pictures Guys [I shot 5 frames] - pang brosigonzalesblog talaga - Jane & Kev' --->You're My kinda people - You just gave me one of my best OTS portaits - as of late - Nu Huss, No Fuss, No wacky <--- hate that damn word !  --  just a great straightforward, In-your-Face, "Tongue Portrait" Hahaha ! Pang asar ba ??  OK Lang ! May puso naman.


"Yvette"
Me Jane - You Kevin !
Big Smile, Big Tongue, Great Chops, Big Heart, Fire in the Belly --- and  a Whole Lotta Soul ! --- It's either ya got it or ya don't !  And besides having "it", Kev, Ya did get Game #1 [As Coach Sauler said - "Kevin Killed us" ]--- But Game 2's still up for Grabs ---  I say ---  Bury Them !!!

And B4 I forget --- Why'd I title this post "Batchy and Yvette" ? 
I recently found out that Kristelle is also fondly called "Batchy" in UST, and that Jane, who I only know as Jane Bracher is Jane Yvette Bracher.  I'll still call Kristelle ->"Kristelle" and Jane ->"Jane".  "Batchy and Yvette" simply makes for a good, catchy title.


Like to think, that after all these weeks - ALL the courtside reporters, plus Tris and Miky of ABS-CBN, my male sports photojourn "comrads-in-arms" finally "get" me - understand my obsession [at deskarte] w/ portraiture - and most of all - comfortable enough to trust in my skills AND instincts. Thanx always - Jerome, Czar, Mark, Apple, Aby, Bea, Kristelle, Ina, etc., etc and the rest of my "peyborits" - [Jane and Kevin too, of course]. 

Biniro nga ako ng isang kaibigan ko - Lahat naman yata favorite mo - eh? - Kahit Anuman [Whatever] - Basta sinisikap ko lang na laging maganda [ibang klase dapat] ang mga kuha ko ["peyborit" man o hindi]  [madaling sabihin-mahirap gawin].


brosi gonzales


Tags
kristelleannbatchelor janebracher kevinferrer abscbnuaapcourtsidereporters

PS
Yes, will post some game shots from the Finals' Game #1 soon, soon ,soon.
[Actually E-mailed my "required action shots"  [Finals' Game#1] [w/ the New Gatorade logo] to the ad agency - even B4 office hours

No comments:

Post a Comment