Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Analogue Rock Photos - Part 1

River Maya
1995

  Bamboo - Lead Vocalist -
Perf de Castro- Lead Guitar
 Rico Blanco - Guitar
Nathan Azarcon- Drums
Manager - Lissa Nakpil


Perf de Castro


Bamboo


Directly above, is one of several "test prints" from the SAME "Black & White w/ Color" film negative of Bamboo. This one had very, very dark midtomes.  FYI - the watermarks are pasted just before I upload the JPEGs.

ALL the three images were taken during the one and only River Maya Concert at the Folk Arts Theatre, way back Aug,1995 { Sayang, I didn't take photos of Rico Blanco ! }

These analogue photographs were taken with a Nikkormat SLR. I used 35mm Kodak ASA 400 Black & White Film. I processed [as in, developed in a darkroom] the film. I tediously hand painted the Black & White Negatives with transparent hobby paint -> {manually applied the paint using needles, thoothpicks, and a "000" [triple 0] brush}

I then brought the now "Black & White w/ Color" Film Negatives to a reputable photoshop, and had them make prints using color paper.  Luckily, I was able to scan, in a flatbed scanner {sometime 1999}, a few [surviving] select prints in able to have JPEG files of the said images.  The original "Black & White w/ Color" negatives were, since then damaged/lost in a flood. 
My bad ! Nakakapanghinayang Talaga !!!

PS
Comin Up Soon !!! -
I'll feature sev of these types of images [where I used the same technique] in 2 sep posts.
the subject being --->Cookie Chua and Color it Red - LIVE ! [too] Yes, as on stage.

And I do have only one [1] - surviving - portrait, of a pretty model, wherein this time -
I airbrushed the transparent paint on the Black & White Negatives !!  Will post it in due time.


 brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment