Friday, January 22, 2016

January 22, 2015



Exactly a Year Ago
Today


Last Jan.22, 2015, the San Miguel Beermen won Game 7 of the Philippine Cup Finals [    ] to win "All-Filipino Gold", so to speak.  Surely, one can always scroll down to my blog menu and check out my blog feat on that final match [with action shots and B-t-Scenes images randomly mixed together] - Feel free guys 

.... Anyways, from my two blog posts featuring that final day of the PBA 2015 Philippine Cup - I plucked [arbitrarily, at that] just two personal favorite images, as stated, from exactly a year ago - today ......


Both are actually portraits
One is a SOLO Portrait and the other is a GROUP Portrait
 ["w/ a solo in it"] 



Doug Kramer 

 on-the-spot [stolen] solo
- being ambush-interviewed, just as he arrived at the Araneta,
 at the least, an hour before Game 7





 Thirty and One

Do count ..... [more or less] There are 30 press photographers here, 
waiting for the official "on court" awarding of the Philippine Cup Trophy
 [post match]  to the San Miguel Beermen 

Just so happened, Arwind Santos' youngest among four ->Iogan Azure Santos
- loitering, somehow"came into the picture" for a few fleeting moments
and I was simply fortunate enough to have caught the little one
 as he somehow found himself 
smack CENTER, among my media colleagues

In a micro second or two - he was gone

The image above is one of only three images I was able to shoot [of Iogan]
- even as i was illiciting a measure of
EMOTION from my media colleagues

Definitely, not that sharp, I admit, FYI -
Now, anybody who is somebody in mainstream sports photojournalism
[did i Miss Anyone ?? ]
 Oops !  Jerome Ascano - nasaan ka pre !?



[considering - his dad, Arwind, had just won PBA All-Filipino Gold !]
The presence of Iogan, without a doubt
was the icing on the cake


- I SHOULD be in this group photo 
BUT 
if I was among these guys
WHO would shoot something like this ???

It's Just what I do
and I'll gladly be missing in any group shot 24/7
If Only  - to be able to shoot images like these




brosi gonzales

 

No comments:

Post a Comment