Monday, January 25, 2016

Then and When



Nace and Vanessa
[ here and there ]


 1998 thereabouts 
{scanned analogue print} 


At the least, I get to see my nephew, occasionally - being that I'm involved in the UAAP and that Nace, my one and only nephew from my one and only brother, IS the Captain of the DLSU Mens' Football team {the UAAP Football Season commences on Feb.7} - 'twould be more fun, seeing him play [cheering for him & taking action shots of him] for the Green and White - besides just hanging out w the young man.

{I even attend, occasionally, the training sessions of the DLSU Mens' AND Womens' UAAP Football Teams of DLSU - FYI ]

As in the case of Vanessa, his sister, I've been missing her for almost a month now, being that she flew to New Zealand two days after X'Mas, to pursue a 4-year course.

What can I say - they're like my kids ... and our family [both my parents are gone] being so small ... well .... "kinda lonely" - is that the right thing to say ??  sometimes  ... just sayin ....
OK - enuff of that

 December, 2015
{digital}


When i happened to come across a "1998- thereabouts" 2-some portrait of Nac' and Van' in my hard drives, earlier today - I knew in an instant that I could simply put it beside my recent "December, 2015" 2-some portrait of them- [Actually taken a few hours before Vanessa' flight to New Zealand] - and somehow articulate simple [very universal] sentiments via a brief blog post.

... and, this is it - Plain and Simple

I could suggest a context { and speak of } of "How Time Does Fly So Fast", or how "Life is Simply Too Short" - or say something about "Family"  -  whatever ---  Now, Do I need some sort of rationalization to "justify" releasing this pair of portraits  - Certainly Not.

I'm just Sayin' 

Love em both - DO miss Vanessa - [at least we comm by fb] - WILL be seeing Nace soon, at a DLSU training session - among other things - 

AND simply shared above, are two portraits - one from 1998, and one from just last December -

--  but that was THEN -  { tapos na yon }

NOW, the Question IS - WHEN do i get a chance to do their portraits together again ??  

Only Time WILL Tell .....


brosi gonzales






PS

.... the latest   ... for now



 Nace, w his "extended family" - team mates fr the DLSU Football Team


 Vanessa, [rear left, in black] w/her new "extended family"
 [new found acquiantances in school] in New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment