Sunday, June 05, 2016

Thank You




Simple Gratitude


My thanks to Gil Salandanan and Jay Avedoso of the Breakdown Basketball Invitational Tournament for helping me out in more ways than one.
(Wish I had met you guys even as far back as October of 2015)

My (personal wish) (allow me) is that the lighting in Moro will eventually be brighter [as planned and fothcoming - great!] - at least -> for that particular section of the facility, allocated for BBI.

There is the PBA, there is the UAAP, there is the Fil-Oil FV Cup, the D-League too [all different "animals", if I may call it that - each having a dynamic to it.

Now, the dynamic of young boys giving it all out on the hardcourt, as if their lives depended on it - that has a unique soul, fire - to it.







 I witnessed the evolution of my then 6-7 year old nephew - from his first ever football class - Day 1, to be specific {i documented it using 35mm film pa -- that was the summer of year 2000 !},  ... to his gradual, albeit extremely rough at times, transition/growth/maturity into the college athlete he is - Nace is now the captain of the DLSU UAAP Football Team} - and it is a never ending journey that can make for great photo journalism - Action Shots PLUs B-t-Scenes Portraiture AND Human Interest Imagery - No Less !!!  that is if one is really up to it - [for me it's not that easy - mind you !!].








It's that simple bro - either I'm IN or I'm OUT  [hirap pa rin] ....

.....  and expanding my horizons / sharing my skillz with other dedicated die-hard hoops fanatics [for lack of a better descript], and their kids - [it's just fun for me] -- Action Shots, B-t-Scenes, On-the-Spot  imagery -> Portraiture AND Human Interest Imagery  - No Less !! - and again - NOT that it's Easy, Mind You

 It's just what I do.




 Jordan [in yellow] is Gil Salandanan's, while Javi [in white], and Paolo
 [in green] are the twins of Jay Avedoso.

Gil and Jay, along with Yuri Escueta are the organizers of BBI -> Breakdown Basketball Invitationals.  BBI held their first tourney last October of 2015, and just concluded their second tournament yesterday.





Anyway, Thanx Gil and Jay -  for everything

An On-the-Spot or two here of your boys



brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment