Monday, June 20, 2016

Not Today




Confession of a Movie Junkie ?


Recently, as in, like a few months back [thereabouts] - I became a hard core movie junkie. 

 I'd watch a new flick ->First, always, with a close friend, sometimes male, sometimes female - and thereafter [based on how much i like/appreciatte a said film] - i'd watch it watch 2-3X again - alone - wala lang - no prob - since i live a block from Greenbelt.  

Watching a flick is as casual as buying a Big Mac or even buying a single bottle of soda [fr those jolli jeeps]- I'd trot to Greenbelt, on a whim - and simply relax, destress - "clear my mind" ? - with a Javakula / chichiria { a few times, i literally brought my "lutong bahay" dinner w/me and treated the Cinema, as my living room - and just enjoyed a film .. while munching away }

Now, Why blog about this anyway ?    I've got unreleased photo material from sev sports events from the past 3 days     ....  Why share w this thought, even  -hu ?  

Honestly, after  ---> Honor Thy Father, My B Fat Greek Wedding, Their Finest Hour,  Now You See Me..., The Huntsman - Winter War,  that Vilma Santos flick, Warcraft, Mother's Day,  Jungle Book,  Deadpool,  Civil War,  Batman vs Superman,  Star Wars,  Nice Guys, Walang Forever,  Conjuring 2,  Teenage ...Ninja Turtles,  Central Intelligence,  X-Men, San Andreas, 33 Days,  Finding Dory,  Angry Birds the Movie  ..... Jesus ! ... the list goes on and on, and on ....

 "this movie"  suddenly stands out - above the rest.

 Considering the the norm of having so many Special Effects/G Imagery in practically 9 out of any 10 films currently showing  --

-- a film with hardly any special effects - yeah - it had to be, yes, you guessed it - a love story that - hits me and simply "stays" - in  a way like no others have.  Hmmm - "resonates" would be the more appropo term, Right ?

I just scrambled to get decent audio files of two tracks from the web - and even as I'm typing this - I am listening to the said tracks over and over again.

Accuse me of being "mababaw ang kaligayahan" or what - ha ha ha - Couldn't care less !   I'm pretty sure i'll be watching the film, tomorrow evening again, my 4th time  - i think - whatever - ha ha ha - hey - it's just a film ....

Will i ever get "umay" with that movie - Maybe No, and Maybe Yes - but IF - ever - Definitely -> "Not Today"  .... ha ha ha !




brosi gonzales 

No comments:

Post a Comment