Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Priceless

Grab, Angle, Focus, Shoot !!

Big Beau, Small Beau
Father & Son On-the-Spot Portrait

When it comes to On-the-Spot Portraiture - I'll always take the challenge, and the risk.

Suffice it it say, I've faltered every now and then - OK, lang ! - No Biggy, bro - Simply Put ->No Risk ->No Challenge ->No Growth ->No Fun


 " Haplos"

Is This My Best Backlit OTS Portrait  ?
Certainly Hope Not !

February 21, Friday, at the SMART Araneta [Game of the PBA Philippine Cup Finals] --- I was walking across the coliseum aisles, when I chanced upon Beau Belga taking his little boy, Zach, in his Loving Arms, for a kiss or two.

By instinct, grabbed my DSLR, "glanced" at the backlight, angled my body AND lens accordingly [Fast!] to get the Right "Highlights / Caress of Light" ----

(..... as I would always fondly call it -> "Haplos ng Ilaw" - When I [Sometimes - in the more Deliberate/Set-Up group shoots when I verbally direct my subjects and when I want make them to UNDERSTAND what I'm trying to do - {Yup, They usually get "amused" w/ the words I use} -   Whatever  !!  .....It's the results that count !)

---- composed, focused, then pressed my shutter sev X,to eventually capture what my mind's eye "saw" in those candid/unrehearsed/fleeting moments - Betcha Belga didn't even notice me ! - The Better ! I can surprise the Bruise Brother with a Glossy [8 X 10] print of this one soon !! - I do hope Beau likes it.


brosi gonzales

Tags
beaubelga rainorshine rainorshinepbateam pbaphilipinecupfinals2014 brosigonzalesportraits availablelightportraiture brosigonzalesphotos  behindthescenespba

No comments:

Post a Comment