Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Up Close and Personal

February 10, Monday, SMART Araneta
Best Seat in the House ?

Each to his own - Individual photographers have their own preferences, whenever shooting a sports event [basketball, volleyball, football - what have you].  When shooting the UAAP, PBA, or any hoops match, for that matter - there will never be a "Perfect Spot" to take great photos. Each location/angle  - wether from the baseline, a ringside seat, a gallery isle - or wherever one can place himself - will have its advantages and disadvantages [of course, the choice of lens does matter, too]



With the 100mm, 50mm , and 24-70mm lenses I've been using lately [my 100-400mm tele-zoom is under repair] - I've been seating myself on the hardcourt approx 2-3 feet from the baseline, mostly near the corner - if not almost directly under the goal - 85% of the time.


      Erika
 
It's just my style - gamay ko lang - using the lenses I mentioned above, BUT If I had my 100-400mm w/ me - I'd definitely spend more time on the gallery isles or some farther location.

Yesterday, during Game #6 between Ginebra and San Mig Coffee, my usual "seatmates", on court, in the persons of, Mandy Mangubat, Paul Ryan Tan,  and a few other photogs were present.

   
                                                     Sel                                                Abby


Just so happensed, Sel Guevara came along, sat beside me - during the 1st half ...

..... The ringside area in that corner was very tight, w/ several of TV 5 crew, and several personel from Araneta security congesting the spot - It IS more practical, even [more comfortable pa at home na at home ang pakiramdam]. just to sit on the hardcourt  - Iba ang "dating ng laro" kapag ang eye level mo ay mid-body sa mga PBA players - With my lenses, ever so slightly angled upwards It's easier, at least for me, too - to capture the emotion on the players faces, at least from that perspective - using my 100mm lens .....

.....Hopefully, this FORMER PBA Courtside Correspondent will be "back in harness" soon. {I asked her last week, IF she would eventually return - She replied -"Secret!" - Well, whatever } .....



    
                                  Abigail                            Amanda

..... and Abby Poblador [FHM Cover Girl] also eventually seated herself on the hardcourt, between Sel [chikkahan sila ng chikkahan kasi] and me - So I eventually took the opp, albeit discreetly, to take a few close-ups [and engage in small talk too] of Abby along w/ few wide shots to "boot" [pun] [w Sel, of course] - I also found out that Abby was rooting for Ginebra - although, as she claimed - She is not a PBA Die-Hard.

I actually wanted to ask her why she was wearing that "Gothic look/outfit" - It's So Not PBA !! [maybe she came from a shoot or what] - but no matter - that was just a random, curious thought.

Mandy

But more importantly, for me, as a Monfort/Slaughter/Aguilar/Ellis fan - Barangay Ginebra won !!  Yeh men !! No offense to PJ Jimon, my only fb friend fr San Mig ! - { Pre Idol rin kita -Kung mayroon din akong action shot mo na maganda - bibigyan rin kita ng [8x10] print }... 


Abby


My Action Shots naman - OK Lang .....

   

..... As most often, lately - I've been releasing My B-t-Scenes Images so much, much earlier - Wala lang.  No worries, tho - As far as Select Action-Shots from Games 1 to 6 are concerned- I'll release a compedium of those games in 2-3 sep blogposts. Then will release a separate feat on Game #7.

And to all you Ginebra and San Mig fans out there - C U on Game 7 !!!
Let's All Enjoy the game !!!

PS
Shooting these "ambush-interview-close-ups"[below] [the writers ambush, while I "steal" close-ups -hehe ] is not as simple as one might think - the lighting in the common areas outside the dugouts is weak - and I DON'T use flash

  



brosi gonzales

Tags
mandymangubat amandamangubat thebenchwarmers abbypoblador abigailpoblador selguevara erikapadilla pbaphilippinecup pbaphilippinecupsemifinals pbacourtsidecorrespondents brosigonzalesphotography brosigonzalesportraits gregslaughter andybarroca latenorio macbaracael

No comments:

Post a Comment