Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Clear !

Saving the day ...
... somewhat ..... with a 100 mm

Since early December - I've been missing my Canon 100-400mm telephoto-zoom [had to undergo {very costly - One BIG Ouch !!} repairs at Canon].  

Seeing my media colleagues / friends take great pictures with their 80-200  2.8s in hand {for almost three months} - while I was having to make do with a 100mm - during basketball, wrestling,- football and baseball matches - was just frustrating  ...

Nick O'Donnell

Still - I luckily managed to capture my nephew's Second ! game winning goal, this time versus NU [DLSU-1 vs NU-1] last Feb 6.   Come the UAAP Baseball Championships two days ago - still managed a few decent action shots [ puwede na pre ] and just concentrated more on B-t-Scenes close ups of the Ateneo Baseball Team.  


Patrick Deyto


Whilst shooting during that match - I finally got that long-awaited text from Canon - advising me that my 100-400 was ready for pick -up !! - That evening though, had to scoot to the Emperador Stadium to shoot a UFL match between Meralco and Kaya - At least, Now knowing that that 'twould be my last football game without my 100-400 - happy na rin ako. [Isang tulugan na lang - as they say in the vernacular] - Makukuha na muli ang lente ko.

At least having a 100mm prime lens to shoot football, or baseball -  - during the past 10 or so weeks was still better than having no lens at all  ...
Just sharing some images from that evening here -All taken w/a Canon 100mm prime, and 24-70mm wide-zoom lens  ...


Baba
Baba [Meralco] saves this Penalty Kick









 Friction between the refs and the Younghusbands resulted in a red card for Phil ...  who had a few kind words to say ...


The post match briefs allowed coaches and players alike to air their sides on issues regarding the officiating.





 BTW - The Meralco vs Kaya  match ended in a scoreless draw ... 


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment