Monday, February 03, 2014

At a Glance

Strictly Non-Action PhotoS


Joanna and Coleen

Just moments after the Final Buzzer made official - that Semifinal match where Ginebra blew out of San Mig Coffee [just said byes to my photographer friends na, at the hardcourt, and I was just about to leave] - I just happened to glance at Joanne Carlos gingerly doting on her 3-yr old daughter Colleen.

Right then and there - my instincts told me that this Mother and Daughter would make for a great photograph - so I politely requested the "mag-ina" to simply look into my lens as I angled to shoot.  {Hardly take any close -ups of spectators in the PBA --truth be told--} But as I started to view the pair  through my viewfinder - I knew this was going to be one of my favorite PBA On-the-Spot Portraits [So far?? - Yes - I NEED to outdo myself every now & then]. 

They had something BEYOND that light, cheerful demeanor {was it because of the Ginebra win ?} {maybe, they're just a happy family} I just could NOT NOT take their pictures --- {My depth of field was very, very shallow / I focused on the little girl} {The picture above is just one of several} --- I was so "taken" by their demeanor - I had to ask her and the rest of her "posse", too, for a group photo.

That's Paolo Villaroel on the extreme left, beside Ann [his wife / dark blouse]. Joanne and Colleen are on the extreme right - and between Ann and Joanne is their mom, Zeny [Carlos]. Thank You - for being so gracious.

I'm praying that I see these guys again, soon [in a Ginebra match] - and most certainly will make an effort to take their portraits again - Hopefully, even better than these - Why Not ??


Jeron - a bit too formal ??
During Halftime at a Rain or Shine / Petron Semifinal Match.

     
                             Erika                                              Sel
At the Baseline --> Up-Close and personal during a Ginebra / San Mig Coffee match - Panalo Portraits !!!



 Mandy
 {also Head Teacher in KEYS} uses a Nikon to shoot.
What I find interesting in her - is the different "looks "
 she has every single game

Just so happens, during the First Half of that Ginebra-San Mig match, whilst I was squatting at the corner baseline, shooting, Mandy was on my left, Erika was on my right ---at home na at home si Erika -{naka "camo" pants & tsinelas !}---  and Sel was seated {on a chair} behind me - 

How can I NOT LOVE my Job ? ---> Had the Best Seat in the House !
-> Wouldda been a FOOL NOT to take their photos !
Ha !

----------------------------------------------

 Aaron, Lei and Tin
ALL Looking  So, So Single !

 And Yes, this is Gabe's and Lei's eldest -> Cassius [fondly called "cash"] Been photographing this young one since he was 2-3 months old [in the confines of the Araneta and MoA].  {This was shot at the MoA - the light coming from Cassius' tablet }


Post Match - A sober Arwind Santos ..
after a Petron loss - Bawi Arwind - Bawi !!

 and three pre-game snaps here ...

 Former Growling Tigers [and UAAP Champs]
Jojo Duncil and Jervy Cruz

Former Blue Eagles [and UAAP Champs]
Eman Monfort and LA Tenorio

Justin Melton and Andy Barroca - This Two-In-One Punch, {from San Mig Coffee} - is ALWAYS Gonna Cost Ya - either if your hoops team would want them or if your team is competing against them 
[as Ginebra is presently realizing].


- Aerin at the Arena -
She is Jeff Chan's second daughter.


Ha - ha - ha !!


It's Killing Time !!
See you at the games !!!


brosi gonzales


PS
PLEASE Forgive Me Guys - There's  still
a BUNDLE OF PBA Semi-Final Match Action-Photo-Sets for Watermarking in my hard discs  --  {Jesus - I'm hardly home !} 
 --- to be added to this blog - {I'm just so F____ busy} - BUT will post them eventually ALONG with  more GOOD Behind-the-Scenes Images which are Actually Harder to produce than Action Shots [mind you].

FYI - I take HD Videos of a UFL Team,  every week - that, I never post  --  along with private portrait shoots -- which I NEVER post too - Pretty much everything here in this blog is sports related ....


No comments:

Post a Comment