Wednesday, July 02, 2014

PBA Governor's Cup Finals - Game 1

Mixers & Painters,
  a Little Girl and some Media Buds

The unpredictable thing with my photography IS. I Never really know how many Good Pictures [or forgettable ones]  I will eventually craft, in a 24-hour period - after a shoot[s] {wether it be a portrait shoot, or a coverage of a sports event, or just some spur-of-the-moment "thingy". or 
ALL of the above !}

Monday, June 30, was just OK by me {PBA Finals Press Brief - 11am}. Tuesday was more significant, since it was a PBA Championship Game I shot that evening.

At least, as far as this post is concerned - I'm just comfortable with showing  thirteen action shots {and some game stats} from that Championship Game between San Mig coffee and Rain or Shine.

-------

An unexpected on-the-spot photo opp presented itself to me during the exciting 4th Period of the game - when I noticed this little girl .....

.... Well, that photo opp is pretty much articulated in captions and stolen images that follow the action shots - So, maybe - you guys best just scroll down a and see the simple steals - that made myTuesday evening
 "a little more interesting"  - 

Hey ! Don't get me wrong, the game was Very Exciting !!
{Just wish it went into Overtime !!} Me - can't  F___ Wait for Game #2 !!





 
Ryan Arana blocks James Yap - Talk about Tenacious D !!
[Arana is slapped a foul for this one]
[2nd half]


Marc Pingris swatys the ball  as [#55] Larry Rodriguez drives
[1st Half]


 [#3] Paul Lee and [#4] Rafi Reavis battle for possession
[2nd Half]









-----------------

In the midst of the blistering Mixer rally [4th Qtr] I noticed this little girl, [across the lower box area] with a yellow tee and red "balloon" and an animated demeanor.  Noticing the blue shirt of a man, and the green cap on someone's bottled water {both in the background}- I immediately tried to angle my tele to harmonize the said elements in one frame  -  Wasn't that easy - But I managed a decent shot or two just before the kid's mom actually decided to leave the premises - with the little girl in tow.











From the court baseline I  shot my media buds / co-photogs Czar, Jerome, and Josh - during a lull in the basketball game.



I actually caught and stole this moment, as the TV Lights momentarily grazed another media colleague [writer] of mine, John [a former Varsitarian], amidst the goings-on at the PBA Governer's Cup Finals Press Lunch, held at Sombokojin {Eastwood} yesterday, Monday.


Eight more action shots  follow below :



   



  



 Big game James drills a corner three {n the end\ game}  - 
probably the most crucial clutch basket of the match


 [#5] Gabe Norwood releases {& misses } this desperation three,
 in the dying seconds.


FYI
I was on the other side of the court and my view [line of sight]  to Paul Lee and Marc Pingris was obstructed SO I did not get a shot of that last second rainbow attempt by Paul Lee, where a Non-Call by the referees ultimately decided the outcome of Finals Game #1.

Had a foul been called, Lee would have had the chance to tie the match, via 3 charities, and send Game #1 into OT




brosi gonzales

Tags
ryanarana jamesyap marcpingris larryrodriguez johnballesteros paullee rafireavis sanmigfoffeemixersrainorshineelastopainters portraits humaninterestphotos childphotography

No comments:

Post a Comment