Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Sunday & Monday - Random Color Images

July 6 - San Juan Arena / July 7 - Araneta Center

 
"Teamwork",  "One-on-Ones"
and  
"Embracing"

 {Whatta Weird Title - Hu?}

We all know that PLDT beat Ateneo in 3 sets last Sunday, at the Elim Round of the Shakey's V-League and that Rain or Shine beat San Mig Coffee in Game 4, last Monday, to extend the Finals series to one last Winner-Take-All 5th match for Wednesday, July 9.  - Well, here are a few random picks/pic from both matches, plus a few on-the-spot portraits {some reposts here} from the UAAP Press Lunch last Monday afternoon ...

 Hmm .... I wonder how this {action photos & portraits} combo comes across ... ?


[#11] Latigay   vs   [#14] de Leon & [#2] Valdez  - left photo
 [#3] Roces   vs   [#14] de Leon & [#2] Valdez - right photo



[#12] Jia Morada sets


 [#3] Morente and [#14] de Leon gang up on [#5] Soltones


[#2] Valdez vs [#3]Roces - Valdez' spike is too low - left photo
[#5] Soltones drills one in over [#12] Morada - right photo



 [#2] Valdez and [#1] Patnogon  double on [#3] Roces,  to no avail



One-on-One 

                                              Lee  vs  Simon                         Norwood  vs  Yap

 Devance vs Rodriguez


  
[#20] Cruz  vs  [#10] Sangalang - left photo
[#5] Norwood  vs  [#8] Simon - right photo

Blakely vs Rodriguez


And another kind of One-on-One  ....


Outside the sports setting - I actually do a lot of One-on-One Portrait shoots [privately, of course] - Wether they be in residential patios, gardens, restaurants, even art galleries.
My Roots/Foundation in Photography started with One-on-Ones, Truth be Told, decades plus ago [ w/ manual focus lenses and FILM {Black & White, at that !} ] - my first subjects being foreigners {dependents of US Air Force Servicemen } -----

{ I actually lived in a US military a facility, for several months, while working on an Architectural Project, since I worked for an architectural firm after college -  [ I borrowed my uncle's Pentax SLR - for several months - and simply learned by DOING ] betcha ya didn't know that ! }

----- After that project - I started doing solos of my mom and my sister, then moved on to my cousins and my cousins' nephew and neice ->and eventually landed a private porftait shoot of a young mother with two kids {Mt First Client EVER !!!} ------- 

------- Fast, Fast, Fast Forward to the present - MY Lifetime Love Affair with Available Light Portraiture grows stronger each passing day ...


Kristelle Ann Batchelor
Sweeter the Second Time Around ? -
So much for fancy talk. Pampaganda lang ng caption yon- hahaha !
I politely asked Kristelle NOT to look at my lens just because it is pointed at her. I let her just be, and on occasion asked her to look in my direction. 

 Although the picture on the right is slightly OFF focus, {it's focused an inch or two behind her eyes  - notice the strands on HER left} I still like the photo - because of the "moment" .
Who says my photos have to be 100% perfect to be blogworthy ?  Hindi naman to pang EDSA billboard ..{at least, as far as image on the right is concerned}.

Laura Lehman
Had the fortune of meeting the new Ateneo Courtside Reporter ->Laura {one can call her "Lau", pronounced as in "ilaw"} Lehman, engaging her in simple conversation - and doing Very Simple, straight up available light on-the-spots.  What can I say to the charming, multi-faceted young lady except "Thank You for being Gracious".


Gabby Dario
Another Newbie to the UAAP CSR family - Gabrielle ..  What can I say in this caption ?
Maybe this time - I'll let her demeanor Say it All.


Tomasinas
Former UAAP Courtside reporter Kristina Marasigan {right} is doing great, these days, working with ABS-CBN - doing radio during the day and Live News {in Tagalog} later in the 
afternoon and evening !

Jane Yvette Bracher {left}- If ya think being a UAAP Courtside Reporter is Cool,
writing [covering sports] for Rappler is even cooler.  Jane never was a UAAP Courtside Reporter, when she was still in UST, but what a MORE enviable job [than UAAP CSReporting]  sees Jane
smiling, quite often, nowadays

PS - I must admit I've got a lot of respect and admiration for Rappler Boss ->Maria Ressa. 
I would love to shoot for Rappler someday.


Cream of the Crop ?
Another fancy phrase to make for an interesting caption? Whatever - I did notice the cream hue of Kristelle's and Gabrielle's dresses - ergo - this pairing - {Though Kristelle's top is cropped out}.
The backlighting - AS Always ->Love it !


Only Kids
Laura and Kristelle are the "only children" to their parents, meaning, they have no siblings.
That prompted me to find a way to craft this twosome.

Big Kid
Seated beside Kristelle Batchelor, whilst taking her portraits, I introduced Charles Mammie to the UST Courtside Reporter, and mentioned to her, that Charles IS a little boy/kid trapped in a Big man's body - Hahaha Wala yon kay Mammie ! Katsokaran ko yan si Charles ! - I even teased Charles earlier that I like photographing immature people ! {actually, referring to him !} 
Har har har !! Lab ko ang mga immature  !

--------Thing is, his Off-Court persona is so very far from his On-Court one - and I'm sure a whole lotta UAAP players  are "misunderstood", being that people readily judge them, based on their On-Court behavior.-------

The photo above, tho -> I actually took it when Charles first arrived at the Gloria Maris - way, way early before the Press Con - { Arriving even earlier, on my part, did have its advantages }

Med Kid
Trisha Robredo, retained by ABS-CBN to do courtside reporting for this UAAP Season, 
actually graduated from the Ateneo last March. 

 Childlike
Just a playful stolen image of Charles w new UE Head Coach Pumaren and Red Warrior rookie
Arafat Moustafah.  I took this shot, post Press Con - when most everyone had left
 Gloria Maris.


 Falcon Heart
Lion-Heart, Falcon-Heart -Whatever .. Ryan Monteclaro [on his last playing year] is all set to take the Biggest Challenge of his UAAP career - LEAD a very inexperienced Adamson Team with a new coach and 11 Rookies !!  It doesn't get any Tougher than that.  Man, What Can I Say  ??


Warrior Hearts Take Five
Along with Ryan Monyeclaro, {candid photo above, w/ a blue backdrop} and a Good Bundle of other guys and gals, not in this post, I consider Dan Pablo {in khaki} and Charles Mammie 
as part of my "UAAP Family".

The Norwoods, the Carpenters , Batista, and Adam Levine
 {And from my "PBA family"} --- As mentioned in a recent post, Gabe was the First PBA cager I got acquianted {Summer of 2012} with - and as I will still start to nurture my recent aquiantances like Canaleta, Tenorio, Arana, Chan, Mercado,  {and then some} - in the next PBA Season come October [pa] - I Will Continue to Find More Time to craft Simple but Very Nice Images of Gabe, and his Loved Ones - whenever an opp arises.


 Nikko and Erica

Ya just Gotta Love Thy Work !
and Embrace the Good - Along with the Bad

My Work does look and Fun -
And Yes, In More Ways than One, It TRULY IS
BUT
There are so, so many, {Unmentioned} Very, Very Tough Challenges 
{which I'd rather not talk about}
I CONSTANTLY have to deal with
- I Kid You NOT.

Still, I Love What I Do.

brosi gonzales


Tags
charlesmammie ryanmonteclaro arafatmoustapha candylehman kristellebatchelor gabbydario danalberto aerielpatnogon alyssavaldez beadeleon trisharobredo kristinamrasigan janebracher gretchelsoltones nikkoramos ericapadilla iansangalang joedevance jervycruz jamesyap gabenorwood leinorwood larryrodriguez christiu paullee marqusblakely pjsimon peterjunsimon 
suzanneroces juliamorado jiamorado michellemorente lizleeannpantone laurenceannlatigay shakeysvleague pbagovernorscupfinals sanmigcofferemixers rainorshinepbateam rainorshineelastopainters

No comments:

Post a Comment