Monday, July 14, 2014

UP Pep - July 12

As  Always
A Class All Their Own
 July 12 - SMART Araneta
Moves That Move [and Groove] Me









I've always had a lot of respect, admiration and awe at the UP Pep Squad - ever since I got to see their Halftime Routines - {that was way back July of 2010}.  Yes, that was the point in time when their 3-Peat began. Unfortunately, 2013 saw the NU Cheerdance Squad dethrone UP Pep. 
 
Now, I don't know squat about dancing [and all that jazz, in a manner of speaking] - But what I know is how I react to the Moves of the UP Pep.
Iba talaga ang galaw ng UP Pep kumpara sa iba - 
Ganoon Lang Kasimple Yon.

I've Seen It, I've Felt it - I've been Had, Arrested, Seduced, "Taken to a different place" --  All of the Above  -- Even if only for a brief minute[s] or two

Isn't that what Great Art Does [wether it be Oil Painting, Rock Music, Poetry, Sculpture, Portraiture  -- or what ev ??] - make one Laugh, Cry, Sing, Dance, Celebrate Life, Fall in Love, "Tear at one's Pysche" even - { dude, that IS so Cool!}. I LOOK for that - Don't You ??
Anyway - so much for fancy talk {I meant every word tho} .....

..... At the least, I have a few acquiantances in the Squad - and I've had the fortune of crafting some soulful On-the-Spot Portraits {some of  my better ones from August & September 2013} of the referred to acquiantances 
like Nesza Salvador, Trixie Segundo, Louie Castro, Coley Ambulo,
 Jari Buenaventura - to name a few.

{I even featured one of UP Pep's September training sessions in this blog
last year}.

Last Saturday, at the halftime break {UE vs UP match} - I took these group
shots. OK Lang - Generic kung generic.

It's just so extremely difficult [for me] to fully convey how dance truly affects my psyche - how "great dance" hits me - in a few still images. 

And when I finally get to create a truly definitive, stand out [one that hit's home Spot-On] image of the UP Pep dancing - An image that will illicit a strong emotional response - in a micro-second [Seriously ? - Yes, Seriously !!]
- I will rejoice - because that is so much, much more easier said than done !

Having said that,  Maybe sometime soon - I may be able to compose another set of close-ups of a random few members of the UP Pep - 
Behind-the-Scenes ..... Whoever ..... Whenever .....

We'll see ...










brosi gonzales


Tags
uppepsquad upcheerdance uaapseason77

No comments:

Post a Comment