Saturday, February 06, 2016

Terrence - in Three


 Simple Steals ?



Silhouette
 August 2, 2012 - Araneta


As Terrence was on his way out, signing last-minute autographs - I positioned myself to CREATE and capture a silhouette of Romeo's profile.  I barely had a second or two to get this quick, fine-tuned image --> w/o a doubt one of my best stolen on-the-spot silhouettes - So Far - 
in the past years ....

Tell me, how often do such fleeting unsolicited, unexpected moments like these happen ?


 Farewell FEU
 Sept.25, 2013 - Mall of Asia Arena

I stole these 2 portraits [above and below] as Terrence was being ambush interviewed for the last time [as a Tamarraw].  This scenario was played out after FEU was knocked out of contention by  the DLSU Green Archers [who went on to win UAAP Gold [beating UST] that Season].

Romeo still had one more playing year w the Tams, but he decided forego it, the following school year, to turn pro [join the PBA draft] - the first chance he got.




At first glance, to the "untrained eye", these three images might seem ordinary - unconsequential or insignificant even ! ....  Look again, they aren't --  I Kid you Not.

Notice how finely crafted [finely-tuned] [well-timed] the compositions are, the nuances of light, its direction, its intensity [or subtlety]  and the resulting shadows and highlights .

Such scenarios are just the type I love to challenge myself with.



Hope these three are appreciatted.

brosi gonzales


No comments:

Post a Comment