Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine Portraits



Ydey and LZ
monochromes

The Unsolicited - the Unplanned
  {Good Things Come to those Who Wait}



I have a recent acquiantance, JB, who I met 'bout a month ago.  He lives with his girl, and two kids, the youngest, being barely 5 months old.  They stay in a condo [in Legazpi village] just about 5-10 minute walk from my place, also in Legazpi Village.

As of late, as in last night - we agreed that I visit his condo unit on Tuesday pm to take available light on-the-spot portraits of his baby, on the roof deck [which has a pool] of the BSA Mansions.

Lucky dad, my buddy JB - He'll get the Best of my Artistic Efforts in no time - BUT - Hey !! -- Lucky me too !! cos --- { I am in constant look out for New, Fresh portrait subjects to "work" with 24/7 }

As with JB's 5-month old - Just Simply Imagining my upcoming images of the little one - has already started to Challenge my imagination No End !!


 
But why bother talking about JB and his little one - what's the point ?? - when the subjects here, in this post - are 1 and a half year old LZ Cruz and mom Ydey, wifey to my media bud KC Cruz ?

Fact is, I had been hoping {quietly} - at least, in recent months - to be able to get a comfortable [unplanned, unrehearsed] opp to take photos - or rather ---> great portraits of KC's one and only - LZ . 

 As with a lot of my valued, cherished -- "very blogworthy portraits" - a whole lot come from unsolicited, unplanned, happenstance photo opps.  Yesterday, at the Rizal Stadium, during a UFL Doubleheader - another such opp came.

Tho - I actually DID on-the-spots of LZ, exactly a year ago, too!, at the Rizal Staduim!, during a UFL Doubleheader and mind you, on Valentine's too!  - but - hmmm, the portaits were [let's just say] - OK lang  .. 

Yesterday, in the confines of the Rizal S Press Room - when I knew I had another opp before me - I somehow felt that the very, very few on-the-spots I'd be shooting were going to be - a Whole lot Better than my 2015 V'Day portraits of LZ.

At times, it's just THAT way - I get this Gut Feel, that I can Totally Put My Touch, my Imprint -- even on a JUST a very, very few well-crafted images.
Course, that IS Good, being so confident about what I am setting out to do - Why The Hell Not ?!

Even, with the simplest of "variables" - I simply knew I could do it. 

Instincts, Smarts, Timing, Feels even - Whatever it takes  !!....
 ALL the SkillZ I've learned all these years and Combine it with just the very, very few simple, basic elements / variables ANY Given Scenario affords me to work with - I'll get the image I want - I can tell the Story I See - I can Impart how my subjects Feel.

Mind You - There are No Perfect Moments - All one needs is - a lil' bit o' heart, a lil bit o' Soul - [Years of Practice does matter, of course!] - [yes, Always having an Open Heart and Clear Mind do Matter] - Self-Inspiration - Passion  ..and Patience ......

Cos, More Often than Not - Good Things Come to those Who Wait.
 


  "Mother and Child"
Ydey and LZ

 KC -- PRE - Gaya ng sabi ko - Chowking ..... McDo  tsk .... tsk .... 
OK rin ako sa -> SB, SBC o CBTL



PS  -
 next up ... JB's little one ?
Can't wait to shoot [Portraits Poolside - No Less !]
THAT - will be a another Great Opp and Challenge


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment