Sunday, February 14, 2016

On Valentine's ......



 Remembering Mom



Lydia is my mom's name ....


Lookin' back .....
Fortunately, for me, I was the last person my mom talked to, {that early morning of January 4, 2014 - in the confines of her hospital room} {She passed away peacefully -simply never woke up- the ff day, Sunday pm} before she fell asleep, never to wake up again.

I distinctly remember her utter my name - in between her staggered recitations of "Our Father", punctuated by a few moments of laughter - in her [literally] last 15 minutes or so of consciousness [after 92 years plus] ......

Mind You, tho -  NO DRAMA at all there, NO DRAMA at all meant, event, in this here post ....

I'm just sayin it as it [objectively] was and sharin it as things are - Now ....

I am so happy, that she is so in peace right now.

There was nothing quite re-assuring, or more comforting [at least, for me]  to have had the opp to spend those 5 or so days, "living" in a hospital room [w a decent bathroom, a laptop, pocket Wi-Fi] ----

I was able to work {as if I were at our South Bay Gardens, Sucat residence} promptly cover my sports assignments, and come "home" to the hospital every night.

----  and somehow in those last few days - "make-up" / "wipe my slate clean" once and for all  - so to speak - as far as my relationship to my mother was concerned - such that, when she finally breathed her last - I had no regrets, [walang sabit, No Words Left Unspoken] just a healthy mournful demeanor about me - SAD, of course - But, as intimated above - Comfortable and Reassured that she was OK, and I was OK, too, with her death.

Please don't get me wrong - Hindi ako manhid - I did hurt, but I'd like to think I mourned her in the most "healthy/peaceful manner" possible - Like I said - I was fortunate.

They say - one is never really prepared, for when one's mom or dad passes away. Me, I never really was, so were my siblings, and the rest of the fam ....

Suffice it to say, tho - I was "enriched" in those last few days - to have been given the opp to spend quality time w mom.

I thank God for that.

And you, dear blog reader - I do hope that somehow, when your mom or dad finally breathe their last - You will have already made peace with them - in your own special way.



Happy Valentine's Day Mom.

I DO MISS holding our hand, 
walking with you around the village and all 
- but it's OK - YOU ARE in a Better Place 


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment