Saturday, July 27, 2013

BTScenes - DLSU Huddle

July 24, Wenesday
DLSU vs Adamson - Rnd 1
Eye Level at the End Game Huddle

The Archers-Falcons game was just one of many UAAP thrillers I relished watching [and tried to interpret in stills]. La Salle dominated Adamson early on, limiting Austria's boys to 7 pts in the 1st Qtr, whilst scoring 18. Sauler's charges outscored the Falcons again in the 2nd -but by only 2 pts.. Both teams managed 20 pts in the 3rd, but with La Salle ahead by 55-42, coming into the 4th - the Falcons needed all the lift they could get. 

Would it be a case of "Too Little - Too Late" for the hosts ?? - I asked and answered it myself ->Yes - But down into the last minutes or so Adamson tied the ball game - and I was simply at the edge my seat -- er, I mean, at the edge of the baseline, half squatting, legs cramping - and praying for an Overtime.

 During those tense filled end-game time-outs, Am just glad I managed to do what some of my favorite subjects in the UAAP basketball games [the courtside reporters] do - "get into" the team huddle - only, in my case - I used my eyes more than my ears. 
Here are images from [as far as I can remember - Basta ->these are the last huddle images cos in my Compact Flash,  the ff image after the scoreboard photo is that of Leo Austria being interviewed] {My 2nd DSLR [w the telephoto lens] - has only hardcourt photos} the LAST TWO timeouts of the Archers.  I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves .   .   .
The images are sequenced here chronologically - as they were actually taken.




























My last huddle shot



The photo above is the Last Image I took  [w my Wide-angle], as I stood up [fr the huddle for the last time] along w/ the Archers - entering those decisive last seconds, which were punctuated by vehemently contested calls, brief deliberations/ad-hoc consultation among the game officials - and most importantly - two pairs of charities for the La Salle.  The Final Tally was 70-67. Right ? 

Still haven't decide how to present my last-few-seconds on-court images.
We'll see  .  .  .


brosi gonzales


No comments:

Post a Comment