Tuesday, July 23, 2013

On-the-Spot

- Unplanned  Portraits -
Priceless
[I don't Get Paid For This]

Coley, Louie & Jari

Crafted my first images of Nicolette "Coley" Ambulo, way back September of 2012, when I sneaked into the MoA dugouts to take "snaps" of [then] the Two-Time UAAP Cheerdance Defending Champs. At that point in time, everybody --all the cheerdance groups--  were [hangin'] waiting to be called back [the judges were still in the process of deliberating] out to the MoA hardcourt for the proclamation of the UAAP Season 75 Samsung Cheerdance Champion.



 Nicole is on the extreme left while Nesza is third from the right
Sept.22, 2012 - MoA dugouts 


UP Cheerdancers Mark Louie Castro and Jari Buenaventura were both there in the dugouts too - but it was a small group of 6-7 UP Cheerdancers that I just randomly took pictures of.  I did have a brief chat with Coley Ambulo, who was in that group, along with former Samsung Stunner Winner Nesza Salvador -- and some UP Cheerdancers  whose names escape me --.
 
We all know UP eventually won [A 3-Peat!!] and my extreme close-up images of the faces of the UP Cheerdancers shedding Tears of joy DID get a huge number of hits [One of my Top Ten --most visited posts-- to date] considering I NEVER posted a single image of UP's Winning Dance Routine [though I DID shoot images of that Winning Number].  Yet, I was gratified enough that my post showing the faces of the cheerdancers did get lots of hits.  Yes, I must admit, they are really soulful images [that hit home] - and Yes, I did enjoy taking them - and they remain my BEST of the UP Cheerdance [at this point in time] ->classic/timeless images. 

Fast Forward -->Present Day
Lately I've made the effort of visiting the UP Cheerdance [in training] [featured a post of that visit] - taking "a little" extra time to chat w/ the other members and most specially Coach/Choreographer Nino Jose Antonio  - cos I am hoping to make a photo essay of sorts of UP Cheerdance's drive for a 4-peat [Yikes!Good luck to me !].  So far - I am inspired - but more so - challenged.


I'd like to think that the few [unexpected/unplanned] extra moments I spend with any of the UP Cheerdance guys, WILL certainly help me create BETTER images of the UP Cheerdance every single time I photograph them.

I bumped into Coley, Louie and Jari recently at the MoA - said a few pleasantries - and took 15 snaps with my Canon  -  all in the span of 2-3 minutes. The snaps I took are obviously inserted between the paragraphs in this post.  Hope you UP fans/followers will love these images [and recommend/link this post].










 Nesza Salvador
[Sept. 22, 2012 photo -  "In the Moment"
celebrating UP Cheerdance' 3-Peat]
Mall of Asia Arena



 UAAP Cheerdance Samsung Stunner 2011
Nesza Salvador
[Sept.17, 2011 photo - right after her proclamation]
Araneta Coliseum


UAAP Cheerdance Samsung Stunner 2012
Nicolette "Coley" Ambulo
[Sept.22, 2012 photo - right after her proclamation]
Mall of Asia Arena




The very first times I Got Hooked on Available Light Portraiture was years ago, in an American Military Air Force Base [I was sent there by the architectural firm I used to work with ---Yes wuja believe ?],  photographing [using Black & White 35mm Film] American Girls [actually there were a lot of multi-racials there, not only blue-eyed blondies] Thereafter - I started photographing my sister, my mom, my nephew, my cousins - and so on -- yadda, yadda, yadda  --> I eventually dumped my architectural career to venture into photography -  so here I am -- doing Sports, which I Love, and Available Light In-the-Spot Portraiture, Still  -->which I Adore.

-->Coley, Loiue and Jari
I will See You [& Photograph] Guys Soon & Thanx a mill.


Fall in Love ->Everyday of Your Life
[and if you are not with a person you love]
And if not with the person you are with,
at least,
with What You are Doing

This Post is dedicated to a Few Select People --->Who Truly Matter
- In My Personal Life - 
You Know Who You Are

brosi gonzales

Tags
uaapcheerdance uaapcheerdancechampion samsungstunner coleyambulo nicoletteambulo marklouiecastro jaribuenaventura  enjayantonio ninojoseantonio lalaperana neszasalvador

No comments:

Post a Comment