Thursday, July 04, 2013

The Fab

Bea's Big Brown Eyes


- Just one "random" image [albeit w/ clutter]  
that simply couldn't escape my attention -


I stole this photo of my media buddy Bea Fab during a recent UAAP match, as she was prepping for a courtside report.  I distinctly remember her black jeans, the black blouse [sports tee, actually], the long, thick, rich black locks, and those round brown eyes - her "mala-porselanang kutis"- elements [assets!] that when deftly composed in my mind's eye could have  easily made for soulful portraits [on-the-spot or otherwise]. - At this opp, though - I was sniping for quick, "painless" headshot.

This image is from a series of nine frames, all taken in a matter of 2-3 seconds.  Had no control of the elements/surroundings [I was shooting from about 10 meters away, using my 400mm telephoto lens]  - couldn't avoid the left shoulder of her floor director, Tris Carlos - Bea's head was somehow "peeping out"/bobbing out amidst the clutter of people passing to and fro perpetually - Tsambahan/Tiyempuhan at Tiyaga  lang talaga minsan -

This was the best I could manage then - certainly -I've done better before - but I'm OK w this one - and sharing my imperfect images in this blog.

Truth be told, I am very comfortable w Bea and vice-versa. [Met her at the Filoil Hoops Tourney last May]   Since then, I've done two separate portrait shoots of this fine young lady and even did a series of images of a part of her anatomy !! Ha! Go Figure! - tastefully done, of course.

The angle of the light is unflattering in this shot -
 but Hey,  Hans Down ->Bea is so much prettier in person

She's a fresh grad [Majored in Speech Communication in the UP IMC] but has been active as a Junior Jock [worked w/ 89.9 Magic at one time - now she's with 99.5 Play FM] and UAAP courtside reporter for sometime now.  A big part of her charm [besides her physical attributes, as mentioned above] comes from her being very articulate [besides her being bungisngis occasionally, on air] - Insanely charming !!

I'm just fond of the photographing the young lady - that's all.


brosi Gonzales
 
 
Tags
beafabregas magic89.9 juniorjock uaapcourtsidereporter portrait availablelightportraiture

No comments:

Post a Comment