Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mom

Lydia
 
 
I rarely post photos in this blog from my personal life [people who really matter to me].  Practically all the feats in this blog are sports related [one way or another]. 
 
 About 5 years ago, June of 2009 I had a snack at Jollibee Sucat with my mom and dad and --using the diffused sunlight-- crafted this available light portrait of my mom, Lydia. [below]
 
Today, July 27, 2013, she turns 91 !!  [My parents celebrated their 64thWedding Anniversary last May 11 [I am the 6th of 7 kids]  And she is does not have any ailment [same w my dad], except that she is very old and fragile.
 
 
 
Mom
[Before all those pretty girls and all]
When I was starting to teach myself portraiture -> My sister, my cousins, my nephew - and also -Why Not? -> my mom ! - was one of my first ever models.
 
 
 
 
Mom celebrated her 90th last year at Guernica's, Sucat.
 
 
I/ve been taking care of mom and dad for the past few years [not easy - I tell you] and I can only speculate how I'll take my mom's eventual passing away.
Am I scared [I've experienced the death of one of my elder brothers, though,
way back 2005] ? Yes, I  am and but Truth Be Told  We are all going to die someday.  Well, enuff o' that - Let me just share a wonderful portrait of mom [w dad] - to end this b'day post.
 

 
Portrait of Mom and Dad [Oscar]
-Taken in Bulacan [where I grew up]-
Using a manual Nikon SLR  and Kodak 35mm Agfa Black & White Film - I shot  this outdoor portrait of mom and dad.  I processed [developed] the film myself and manually printed this select frame from the negatives [I scanned the print in a flatbed to get a JPEG of the image].
 
 
Happy Birthday Mom !
Love You
 
brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment