Friday, July 26, 2013

Cheerdance

Lead Up to the
UAAP Season 76 Cheerdance Competition
Ya Ain't see Nothin' Yet !



Thing is, creating great pictures of Cheerdancers in Action is a totally different "ball game", so to speak,  as compared to shooting basketball, football, portraits or behind-the-scenes imagery - as far as I'm concerned.

Every single game, one has only a few minutes to shoot a school's Cheerdance Routine. Considering, though, that there are at least 14 opps for one to do stills, or video interpretation - I'd say it's decent enough.







Come September - 
Will the UP Cheerdancers 
Maintain their Mastery over the Competition ??





But, it is the one day of the Season, that one day in 365, that 5-10 min??? strech - that will determine, for a University's Cheerdance Troupe wether they deserve the Bronze, Silver or that elusive Gold - which UP has been taking home to Diliman for the past three years.

I heard, from the guys fr the UP Cheerdance, that on the same evening of Sept. 22, 2012 -  Right After they won their 3-peat  - They already had the Idea for their 2013 Routine  !!!   Talk about True Champions !!!

 Truly Talented - Seductively Soulful
I still remember, as  clear as day, being  [I could feel their energy/vibe just watching them  move and groove] seduced by that Winning Dance Routine the UP Cheerdance wowed the MoA crowd with that September afternoon [2012]  -  -  - and then watching them again for the first time this Season 76 [photo above]   - It's like they Never skipped a beat !

Am definitely excited - even as early as these last few days of Round 1.  I am already forming images in my mind - and Yes, Why Not ??  I've even tried asking the UP guys about some info on their 2013 routine!  Hahaha ! AS IF !!!



Don't know squat about the  technical aspects / artistic aspects AND nuances of dancing, let alone cheerdancing  -  but if I can find ways to capture the human drama/struggle [that goes on that road to the Championship] and eventually the euphoria of victory and/or the heartbreak of defeat [come that fateful day] - I'd be happy enough.

Who knows what these  University Cheerdance Groups have in store for us come D-day ??

I like to be surprised / entertained / seduced / enthralled / compelled / cheer and scream my lungs out !!  and then Some !! -



Truth is , those are the very same criteria/standards I expect for my images - every single time I shoot -  and Very High standards as they might be - they are doable.
The Real Good Ones - dancers, musicians, writers, comedians, sitcoms - whatever - they leave you beggin' for more - Dapat Sulit !! pero -> Bitin pa Rin Di Ba ??  Dapat may Tukso pa Rin ?? Bakit Hindi ??

 -  Enough of that Talk - I'm just thinking out aloud - trying to "inspire myself"  by being inspired by others  - - and Why the Hell Not ??


Moves that Move  ??


WHO will be the UAAP Cheerdance Champion come September 15, 2013??


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment