Monday, February 02, 2015

Feb One Faves

February 1 - San Beda College, Mendiola


Metro Manila Basketball League 
Finals


My second time to cover the culminating playdate of the MMBL - Got up at dawn, delivered a birthday card at 6:30 am in the morning, then had to scoot ASAP to Mendiola.  Simply wanted to be Punctual - That's all ..

Had to cover nine basketball games [the most I'd ever done in a span of 8 hours or so - THO, NOT as "comprehensive" as in the manner I'd cover a PBA match].  Simply had to pace myself  between two adjacent playing courts as games would be continuously played at the same time, for several hours.


 Chang Kai Shek College  vs  La Salle College, Antipolo
 {Girls Championship}
FIRST match of the Day
CKSC Won


I say - 'Twas just All In a Day's Work  {At the least - I was able to craft one of my BETTER Images of an athlete writhing in pain, and was able to compose a Great Backlit Image of hoopsters, being illuminated by the afternoon sun.

 Had to time my shots - wait for the athletes come to a very small portion/area of the indoor basketball court which was being illuminated by a shaft of light, which I knew wouldn't be there for long - then click, hoping to catch the backlight defining the "outline" of the athletes' figures
 {in action, no less}.


 Chang Kai Shek  vs  San Beda  
{Division 1 Championship}
LAST match of the day
CKSC [again] Won !


When [and Where Else] ? will i have another opp to craft such a"finely tuned" {and timed} backlit action shot ?   Impossible to answer !

Anyways, here are a few more of my [uncaptioned] faves from Feb One  .....





































I didn't mind missing out on the PBA Doubleheader in Binan, Laguna, that same afternoon { I actually asked the MMBL organizers to get me to officially cover this MMBL Championship Playdate}.

For one thing, I'm sure, some of the Young Guns playing in the MMBL Championships will be PBA Stars someday - One or two, or three of them might just be in one of the images I just posted above - Who knows ?



brosi gonzales


No comments:

Post a Comment