Saturday, February 21, 2015

No Sweat {Revised}


 Availing of the Light
{Textures, Reflections - and Trust}


I've Always Loved the Lustre of Available Light.  Creatively, Smartly and Deftly used - Available Light [and it's nuances - of course, it is a case-to-case basis for every single location] --- Can bring out Textures and Reflections that Flash Photography Can Neva' Eva' bring out.

Shooting with Available Light can be Xtremely Challenging AND Rewarding at the same time [sometimes bordering on the Impossible, even !, mind you].

But in the occasions where I can "read"/understand [on location, and on a moment's notice !] the Available Light and its endless nuances - I can be so fortunate to be able to create "ever so fleeting" images that speak "forever".

When I rushed "China Girl" to spare a few precious seconds of her time, while she was in the midst of her "media chores"during a UAAP playdate - I had already visualized her images [on a specific location] a hundred X over and 
{ I had actually, already photographed her - and some of my other select {gotta admit I DO have favorites !} media buddies, sev times on the said location.

But, as a True Dynamic Artist - one should be able to create ever So Varied and Different Images [and stories] EVERY SINGLE TIME - regardless if it is the Same Location and the Same Lighting !!

One just has to Find a Way !




"China Girl"

I don't call my media buddy, Lyane O, "China Girl" - that's just a descript I'm quoting from someone.
Ever since my first few on-the-spots of Lyane, way back August of 2012 - up to the present - I've been trying to achieve Variety - and have been trying to take my imagery to a Higher Level -> Every Single Time.

Sometimes Easy, Sometimes Hard - Whatever -  Just Gotta Strive for it.

This Time - Think I created a Great full-body Portrait -- Halle-Lu-YA !!
I am so pleased with this one !


.... And another thing  ....
Beyond the Textures and the Reflections one sees in this full-body Portrait - the other "T", that is so Indespensable and that is common in ALL 
my Great Portraits and is so Paramount among them .....

is that thing called TRUST.

Without the Trust these Friends of mine accord me -
No Way Will I [even bother], Can I - Dig Deep into my creative soul to fashion these Portraits ---

--- and even Challenge Myself to Do Even Better the next time around.


Tough ? - Yes !
Challenging ? - Yes !

Still - No Sweat

Thanx Lyane !


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment