Friday, September 14, 2012

Not Supermen



It Ain't Easy

"Wish that I could cry -
Fall upon my knees -

Find a way to lie -
about a home I'll never see .  .  .



Know that ballad by Five For Fighting titled " Superman" ? Well, sports [and the agony of defeat] was never the context of that track - It's more about the burden of being Superman, Right ?   Yet, recently, when browsing for post game images in my hard rives - I found a few more of JPEGs of athletes in moments of vulnerability [experiencing the bitter sting/heartbreak of defeat], and I couldn't help but remember those distinct lines of that song - for whatever reason. [Maybe it's the sentimental/heart-tugging melody of the song.]   - Whatever  . . .

 
 These pictures are what they are. That lyrics are what they are .

But this blog is not just about pictures or words - it is about the different feelings people experience - in the sports context - or in every day life.  And If I can find a way to blend unrelated / "seemingly incongrous" words and images in order to express a sentiment - And even if it's a long shot - I'll give it a try.




































Nothing is more tearful than the unshed tear.

[More post game images to be released - soon]

brosi gonzales


up next
Kaya vs kaya
FEU vs UP
Ateneo vs NU
Lady Eagles fund raiser

No comments:

Post a Comment