Saturday, September 15, 2012

Friendly Match





 September 9, Sunday
The Turf - GBC



Kaya vs Kaya

About a week ago, I decided to take some action shots of the  Kaya vs Kaya Friendly, at the Turf [BGC].  Since that single Dream CLEAR Match at the UMak last August 2, and several football games in Singapore last July - I hadn't taken much football imagery lately [it's been UAAP hoops photos that have been eating up space in my extern hard drives since mid-July].  Well, last Sunday was a good a time as any to flex my football photojourn skills [albeit in a poorly lit venue].  After shooting the UAAP doubleheader at the Mall of Asia Arena, I took a cab to The Fort and, luckily, the game was just starting when I arrived.

Here are some JPEGs from that friendly:




 That's Jeremy Sawyer [in red] and John Vapor.






 Is that UST coach Marjo [in yellow] ?


 Freddy Gonzalez does a flip after a goal.

.






The next 3 images below are of Freddy Gonzalez. As in any football match I cover, I cannot predict who I'll end up shooting.  It just so happened, that evening, I had quite a number of decent action images of Freddy.
[I actually don't know him personally]
[Don't matter that much - It's the quality of my images matter the most]










That's Jigs Cruz [in red], trying to evade his defenders.

Rudy del Rosario whoops it up after a goal.


Thing is, I hardly know anybody from Kaya ! [except for Jigs Cruz and Rudy - del Rosario and Armand del Rosario, who I actually met only last Thursday in  breakfast meeting]  Another reason for my shooting the friendly [ I didn't need to go there at all] was to support my friend ---> Rick Olivares [He's very much involved with Kaya lately].  


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment