Wednesday, December 11, 2013

In Others - Sometimes I See

The Better Part of Me

This an earlier post [originally posted sometime mid-May].
A friend o' mine just requested me to repost it [4 whatever reason].
[It is very easy, actually  - I just retype the date to any arbitrary date and 
the blogsite defaults it chronologically to the typed date]

This post is in my Top Ten most hit posts.
My #1 most hit blog post [released Dec. of 2012] has had over 2,200 hits
-- and still counting to this very day
[That MOST visited blogpost features a college volleyball team - & mind you - the images in that post are not action photos - they are ALL Candid Behind-t-Scenes photos of the team]

My Top Ten [most hit blogposts] are MOSTLY Human Interest features such as that afore mentioned post ->[the volleyball team]. {To think that I was originally hoping to promote this as an All-Sports blog - Ha!!! }  Truth is - recent events in my personal life prompted me to write more "human interest" feats - as of late - I simply could not hold back.



Carlo and Jay

Roel and Jenner

Student photojournalists from the Ateneo de Manila

Michelle & Katrina

Cammy and Cassie

My neice -> Vanessa and my nephew ->Nace

Twins

The Laurel Boys


                                       Vanessa and Nace                The Remulla Siblings



Bianca and Jake

Rodney and Alex

"Flying Tiger"  and Toni

The Heunefeld Siblings

Julie and Camille

Nace and Vanessa

Two Belgian Girls

This post just happens to be one of most spur-of-the-moment ones - ever.
What actually compelled [inspired] me to make this entry ASAP were the pictures of Michelle Gumabao and her sister Katrina [wearing fuschia blouses] [I actually took five snaps] I had just taken less than 24 hrs ago.

I took the photos

[I just happened to bump into the siblings in the Arena dug out - FYI, though -I actually had met them b4, in the latter part of 2012 - and actually posted a photo of Michelle and Katrina, along with their brother Mark and Michelle's boyfriend, in a blog post

after the Ateneo-UST volleyball match at the Mall of Asia Arena [Thursday, late afternoon]. Later, the next morning, dawn, while editing a bundle of photos [including the Michell/Katrina one] from that Thursday  - I realized how much the  images "hit home" for me - I couldn't help it - They are such simple photos, such fleeting moments - of two sisters smiling together - yet the heart and soul and the beauty of it all went way, way, way beyond the girls being photogenic or being well dressed.

It spoke volumes. I could feel the love between the two - the harmony and blessedness [is there such a word?] of it all - hours, even,  after the images were taken.  Nakakainggit talaga. I said to myself - if all the people in this planet - even only half - could LIVE that kind of harmony in a relationship 24/7- Our world will be so, so much better.  Maybe that possibility exists only in fantasyland - but hey -->Ain't no crime to dream. I thought, If ALL my relationships [family and friends] could be that "perfect", seamless and so smooth and comfortable and Blessed -  -  - That would would be so . . .  -- actually I have no words for that  !!!  so I'll just Sigh -

Basta - I just had to pull out [an image or two or even a dozen more !! - even if such chosen images have been posted already in previous feats!] - a random sampling of my favorite, most heart-tugging human interest photos that manifest that oh so sacred bond between two people - wether they be brothers, sisters, fathers, daughters, mothers, barkadas, buddies, team mates, cousins, boyfriends, girlfriends or what -  just to complement the Michell/Katrina photo.

The MK photo [and the others posted herewith] easily reminds me, inspires and dares me try to be simply a better person every single day - To be a little kinder, a little more patient, to smile a little more [even if I'm hurting inside] and rekindles this faith and hope in all that is good in me --> and in us all.  Despite our human flaws - I like to think that all of us have that better part of us - our innate compassion, humility, courage, and love for each other - and that we can find ways to LIVE those qualities day-to-day [although I always  find it easier said then done]  .   .   .


 .   .   .  I dare say - sometimes, for me, the hardest thing to do is -
say a humble hello - give sincere smile - 
say simple "I'm Sorry" or "I Miss You"


Yes
- In others, [sometimes] I see - the [missing] better part of me.

Amanda and Katrina

Alex and Sam

Kevin, Mela, and Juancho

Carling, Cheska, and Mirjana

Bea and Gia

Stefanie and Mark

Seth, my Tita Inez, my Mom ->Lydia, and Xian


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment