Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Unthinkable

Nightmare at the Mall &
 Bad, Bad Days at the Office

A week ago - December 6, at the ONE FC "Moment of Truth" MMA Event at the Mall of Asia Arena -- our very own Honorio Banrio - seeking Redemption and Respect - remember his dethronement {on front of the home crowd - May, 2013 at the Mall of Asia } at the hands of  Koji Oishi ? ---. Only last Friday--->Got knocked out - again, by Oishi, and again, in front of the home crowd - which simply left everybody speechless [myself included].  [I'd go as far as to say 'twas humiliating - but hey, That's just me. No offense to Banario -  Shit can happen to anyone]

Now that's a Nightmare - that Baguio native, Banario, will have to live with [wide awake, for some period of time until  .  .  .]  

.  .  . and Personally, Dec.7 [the following morning] was a bad, bad day for me, at the office. 

 Hate to admit it - but - From the ONE FC "Moment of Truth" MMA Event - I've only got TWO action shots to show - Why So ??




From my vantage point - I used my medium tele.  Crafted a few hundred decent images of the MMA Event - all for naught - cos I eventually accidentally deleted ALL those hundred plus images of the fight, the ff. Saturday morning - just before rushing to the Ynares Gym [PSL Semifinals] - because I thought I had already uploaded the JPEGs, the night before, to my external Seagate Hard Drive [when actually it was only 40 or so images of fans and ONLY TWO images of the fight that I had uploaded from my back-up camera CF] -  -  - !!

WT F______ !!  .   .   .  and to add to that, the Canon Service Center staff informed me last Dec.9,  that having my Canon 100-400mm telephoto zoom repaired [Yup - it fell on my hard living room floor a few days back] will cost so an amount enough to buy me a medium priced Canon lens [and medium priced these days - would be 20 +++ Gs - almost 30Gs !!]  - Tang Ina  !!

Whatever  !! - Just thinking out aloud here. Now, how soon before I get  MY BABY [the Canon 100-400mm zoom] back [in tip-top shape - good as new] ?  - Can't say when, at this point -  [Miss, miss, miss] 


I took this compressed image
 with my Canon 100-400mm way back 2011
during an Azkals game at Rizal Stadium

The right lens is always great BUT
 one still needs Mad SkillZ to craft beautiful photos. 
 Ain't easy bro.

Gotta say good bye to great compressed action images of UAAP Football, Volleyball, Baseball and Softball, [even great stolen close ups of fans too] - AT LEAST FOR A MONTH OR TWO -  and make do w my Canon 100mm prime and my 24-70mm zoom for now.  

[Well, I've started to take HD Videos of some recent UAAP Football matches - in the meantime, w my Sony HD Video Cam, which has a decent tele] - and can probably manage a few great tight action shots w my DSLR-> but ONLY when the athletes come at close range - Tiyaga  Lang - I'll find ways


It's ONLY temporary, not having me baby, my 100-400mm  - 
BUT Hey, I'll always have my skillZ.


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment