Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Lady Rising Suns

 Random Candids of the Cagayan Team
[and four solos of Wanida Kotruang]

--- The photo shoot that came to me ---







 The image above and below was taken as the girls were actually doing a drill - hulihan lang tiyempo minsan - suwerte, suwerte rin

 By the very nature of a candid shot, it usually is quick, impromptu  -- 
 { "snapped" in just a second or two, whenever, whereever - hence the occasional unflattering shadows [lighting angles] }  ---  in order to catch the mood of the subjects before it is lost - "Ganoon talaga MINSAN - Bahala na, basta pinipitik agad bago mawala ang tiyempo"


 I'll release the "spike drills" photos next time. 
Am fine with posting these for now.
There's actually A WHOLE LOTTA of images from the training session
[that turned out to be a real shoot - at least, for me}
- these are just random picks.







-- Wanida --



The appeal, at least, for me, that Wanida Kotruang has - comes from her occasional child-like demaenor/actuations during unguarded moments - which UNFORTUNATELY, I wasn't able to capture during that training session

[Hindi ko matiyempohan pre - nakikita ko -
 pero hindi ko talaga nahuli sa litrato !]

 The two pictures above were "stolen" -- Guess I was "hidden in plain sight" pretty much throughout the whole training session.

 I am happy though, with the two photos below - puwede na - the kind of Wanida Kotruang images that [probably] ONLY I - have. { I LIKE !! } Yes !!!



-------

Gotta acknowledge the WARM hospitality of Coaches Nes Pamiliar and Brian Esquivel, which was so natural - {says volumes about their character}.
 Truth is, I actually bumped into this training session, at the Arena in San Juan. 

 Yup, I was watching You Tube videos of Linkin Park's "Waiting for The Light" REPEATEDLY - {I'm so hooked on it !!!}, in my tablet, a the press room, killing time - when I decided to take a break and peep in to the Arena hardcourt to see the Cagayan Team.
I then proceeded to do "small talk" w some former UAAP volleybelles, chatted w Coach nes, then with Coach Brian - and before I knew it - I had taken a ton of B-t-Scene photos of the girls - [I stayed throughout the whole session - and, even as I was packing up to leave - as the Team was in their last huddle - Coach Nes even offered me Jollibee snacks - { Dude, talk about the Spirit and the Essence of X'mas !!! } - and dare I say - in those simple gestures there was a certain "humility" somewhat - I don't know - that I felt - It's that kind of natural "unplastic behavior" that really "gets me". Very Nice.

Thank You to the girls and Coaches Nes Pamiliar and Brian Esquivel.


brosi gonzales

Tags
cagayanladyrisingsuns philippinessuperliga superligacagayanteam cagayanvolleyballteam
joybenito pausoriano jennylinreyes angeliquetabaquero patchareesaengmuang aizamaizo wanidakotruang apriljose nespamiliar brianesquivel wennetheulalio leusehtdawis rosemarievargas
aizafontillan sandradelossantos charlenegillego alamicpuylaong

No comments:

Post a Comment