Saturday, December 07, 2013

December 5 - UFL

 Shooting Football without my 
100-400mm Canon Lens

December 5 , Thursday, Coming from the Canon Service Center in Magallanes I proceed to the Emperador Stadium. It's past 6:00 p.m. already - just want to claim my UFL Media ID and am planning to catch the 7 p.m. ONE FC Weigh-In at the Resorts World only a few kilometers away.

 [Yes, I'm sad cos I have to leave my "Weapon of Choice", my constant companion in ALL my sports shoots - My baby - My Canon 100-400 mm telephoto zoom lens]  [ have no idea how long---and how much-- 'twould cost me again - to have her- {Hey, since when did lenses have genders??} - in my sling again ] - Truth be Told - If asked about my X'Mas wish - that would be pretty much it ->Have my zoom back ASAP !!  - good as New !!  
[ Mababaw ba ? ]

--------

How in the hell can I get great football images now ??  No wonder - shooting the UFL Championship Match between Loyola and Pachanga is not in my to-do list that night.  Well - whatever - - - I bump into my media buds Mark Cristino


 and Jerome Escano [who both advise me to stay]  as I enter the Emperador Stadium premises.  I try out shooting the Green Archers - Air Force "Battle for Third" football match with my favorite "portrait lens", my Canon 2.8 100mm "prime" lens - and eventually end up staying for the Main Event -> the Loyola - Pachanga Championship Match.

 Well - here are just a very few of my favorite images
 from that Championship Clash  .   .   .

With Pachanga ahead [1-0] from an Ariel Zerrudo goal in the 16th minute - 
James Younghusband converts from a corner kick, in th 19th minute !! 
 One All !!  {Unfortunately, the ball is not captured in my shot} 


 Chad Gould scores in the 45th minute !!  { Meralco-2   Pachanga-1 } !!

Winning Goal
 Phil Younghusband scores in the 52nd minute !! {Meralco-3  Pachanga-1}!
  Ariel Zerrudo scores a minute later  {Meralco-3  Pachanga-2}!!  
BUT in the remaining 30-plus minutes, Pachanga never gets to score again.

A few more captionless images here  .   .   .










FINAL
                                    Meralco-3            Pachanga-2


The Championship Coach is the Birthday Boy


Fortunately, I was the only photog allowed in the LMS locker room - maybe cos I flew with the Loyola Meralco Sparks last 2012 {four times} for the RHB Cup.


As Vince so proudly said in a"private team moment" -
"Now , We can say that we are the best football team in the country "

Congratulations to the Loyola Meralco Sparks !!
[and Happy B-Day, again, to Vince Santos !!]

 Numero Uno !!!


Loyola Meralco Sparks Club Manager Randy Roxas invites me to join the Sparks' celebratory dinner at a resto {Calves, was it ??} in BGC - but I graciously decline - Am so exhausted - even now - I still am -  Anyway  .  .










brosi gonzales

 Tags
loyolameralcosparks uflchampionship2013 jamesyounghusdband chadgould philyounghusband pachanga arielzerrudo randyroxas vincesantos brosigonzalesphotos brosigonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment