Saturday, August 10, 2013

Broken Plays Part II

Expecting The Unexpected
[A few more favorite "broken play" images from the 1st Round]



Sundot !!!
LA Revilla, causes Tata Bautista to lose control of the ball






 Reacting fast enough to catch a broken play is one thing.

Achieving perfect composition AND focus on the play is another.


LA Revilla, Luigi de la Paz, and Jeron Teng's Triple Team on Roger Pogoy
 nets the Green Archers possession.
7-frame sequence follows :











A 12-frame sequence here:
These were taken during the dying minutes of that 1st Rnd thriller between the Archers and the Falcons, where DLSU dominated for over three quarters of the match until Adamson,  through sheer determination, fought their way back and forged a deadlock in the dying minutes of the 4th.



Adamson had just gained possession of the ball [after a DLSU miss], and three Falcons where already running downcourt - so I started cleaning my telephoto lens while passing behind the DLSU goal, on my way to get a diff shooting angle, for once the Archers came back on offense - when all of a sudden, Adamson lost control of the ball and a mad scramble ensued - so I frantically grabbed my 2nd DSLR [w the wide angle lens] and tried to catch the action.  [Notice, the first two frames are still vertically oriented] I tried to orient the DSLR horizontally, as quickly as I could [seeing the boys go down] whilst clicking away.





Anyway, as technically imperfect as my shots were [there are only 1 or 2 images here that are spot on - focused at the heart of the scramble] - they capture the confusion in this battle for possession - [Love It!]








I actually don't remember anymore if Abrigo [AdU] [lower left] 
was whistled for touching the baseline, 
or if he was able to pass the ball safely to a fellow Falcon.


Another sequence, this time, 10 frames, 
with LA Revilla and Terrence Romeo as protagonists.



 My favorite frame among the twelve.
[This is a repost] [It was actually posted in "Broken Plays Part I"]







DLSU or FEU ball ??


A 4-frame sequence [w/ a gap]

Chris Javier harasses Perkins as he looses his footing.

  Perkins is able to pass to Vosotros.





Clark "Tata" Bautista forces  LA Revilla to travel.
Unfortunately I am able to capture only the fall.
- A clear example of a game deciding turnover in the end-game -




PS
I will come up with "Broken Plays Part III"  in due time.


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment