Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Toni

Drizzle


 Coming into the DLSZ Sports Pavilion area, last Sunday afternoon -  It is Toni Zeomima Nolasco who I bump into at the "Turf Gallery" [at least, that's how I call it] overlooking the DLSZ Football Turf.  Cristina Viray is close beside Toni - both athletes prepping for the upcoming match vs SIKAT FC  .  .  .

Small talk lang - re football[ [of course] - Toni's love for biking, Cristina's fondness for horror flicks, my love for some Katy Perry song lyrics  - whatever.

 Thing is - I enjoy chatting with athletes - whoever, when ever - who I end up chatting with  is usually determined by happenstance.  Come game time - it simply is a more enjoyable sports shoot when, at least some, most, sometimes ALL the athletes of opposing teams playing are all acquiantances of  mine - Shooting people I know is just more fun [That's just me].  - 

Years ago, there was this UAAP "import" who, in his rookie year, when he was feeling "not so at home yet" in Manila, approached me [I had just finished chatting w his Pinoy team mates then, inside the Araneta dugouts] to shoot solos that he could send to his folks in Africa.  I gladly obliged.  

Now, he is one of the BEST UAAP imports and also a good buddy o' mine.  Just last summer, he hired me professionally, to do some HD Sports Videos, and thus, I earned a modest decent amount of cash from it. 

Being "talkative", or ma-PR w athletes has benefited me immensely - It DOES help me in my photography in more ways than one.


Toni Nolasco
 [Sophomore in the DLSU Football Team - 
UAAP Season 75's Rookie of the Year]

Maybe - it's just the novelty of it - having an image that's "neither here nor there" - I'm so into those elusive, hard to capture moments [that can be so dramatic and ever so revealing] - that when I saw this image from my Aug. 4   DLSU vs SIKAT FC football match folder - I really couldn't "figure" it out.  [Who says I have to, anyway ?]

It doesn't really try to say or mean anything  [does a good picture have to  all the time ?  No!]- OK lang. The drizzle that is captured - did give some "texture" to the unassuming, unguarded moment.

Portrait, or whatever it is - Just want to share it.

Life is not all drama all the time - Some unassuming, "wala lang" moments are worth preserving too. 

I do have lots of Totally Unflattering images of Toni, herself, crying  a river {as I mentioned to the promising young athlete from Baguio, during our pre-match conversation}.  Those images I referred to were those I shot after DLSU's 5-0 loss to the FEU Tams [Womens' Finals last Feb]- had taken some very emotional [sobbing unabashedly] images indeed, of Toni in tears - Definitely very interesting [to say the least] - specially if one has a morbid fascination for such.  I don't. 

 Blood, Sweat, and Tears - all part of being an true athlete.

Never did release those images. What for ?? She wouldn't have felt comfortable with it - I'm pretty sure of that. [But, hey, there are types who really don't mind]. 
BTW, Toni E-mailed me minutes ago  .  .  . 
"I really like this shot, it's even raining  :)"

It's All Good
brosi gonzales

Tags -
toninolasco dlsufootball pinayfutbol ladyarchers dlsuladyboters
photosdlsufootball piscturespinayfutbal

No comments:

Post a Comment