Saturday, August 31, 2013

OTS Portraits

Abigail "Aby" Marano, Mark Louie Castro, 
Nicolette "Coley" Ambulo, and John Lloyd Cruz ?? What ??


Three Three-Peat Champions



Every single UAAP Seniors Match playdate I get to see DLSU Lady Spiker, and Three-Peat Champion [She won the "Best Blocker Award" last Season 75] Abigail "Aby" Marano.  Aby has been doing OJT with ABS-CBN Sports this Season 76. [She's currently enrolled at DLSU, Taft, and will definitely suit up for the Lady Spikers and go for a Four-Peat come the UAAP Volleyball Season, later this year.]

[Michell Gumabao, another DLSU Three-Peater has opted out, though she still IS eligible to play this Season 76, so as to concentrate on her other priorities]

It is very obvious, that she [Aby] is enjoying her work so ---

[Hey!!, In case ya didn't know [or have yet to conclude from my blog posts] - I too, am, and always have - enjoyed "working" /covering the UAAP Basketball Tournament, for the past years, since I started July of 2010] 

 --- Aby's all-smiles, every time. That's good - I am so happy for her. I also make it a point to smile back/greet her every single time we cross paths.

Nywayz, that Wednesday afternoon of Aug.28, When I noticed Aby, sporting a smart, green, hooded jacket [w "DLSU" emblazoned in front] over a pair of tight khaki-colored jeans - So Cool !! So Aby !! - I knew right there and then that I HAD to craft ANOTHER, portrait of the Lady Spiker, one way or the other, THAT afternoon, BEFORE she went home.  I say ANOTHER, because I had actually taken OTS Portraits [posed] of Aby days EARLIER, already - Huwuda guessed ?  { When she sported a black blouse with thin white stripes - Anyway, it's here below }


The Lady Spiker has a Style All Her Own




It's not so much as WHO I take portraits of, as much as HOW I execute, or rather ->craft my images of that person and what the RESULTS ARE.     FYI,  I do enjoy [get challenged] shooting OTS [On-the-Spot] Portraits - Anytime, Anywhere ! 24/7.

Truth be Told, too - I am "picky" with who I choose to take portraits of.  I DO have my own "personal/private criteria" on that, of course - But it's best I don't reveal that.  

Maybe - if one looks/notices the people who I take OTS portraits of - there are a common "threads", or "characteristics"  -- [besides 90% of them being girls - Ha!!!]  Whatever !!  - thread or no thread - What's Muy Importante IS that the portraits ARE ---

[even if it's just 3-6 shots, or a hundred and one images of a person -- even pahabol pa nga minsan OR stolen]

--->at the Very Least --->Very Good - Dapat Lang !! Kung kayang Excellent The Better !] - although Simpleng Portraits, minsan, OK Na Rin, [In other words - I just gotta put my own Spin & Style & Soul to the portraits]  .  .  .






Astig si Aby !!



Mark Louie, Nicolette "Coley" and John Lloyd
as in  - Castro, Ambulo, and Cruz


Come Aug.31, Saturday, [outside the Araneta Coliseum, Red Gate area]  I bump into Mark Louie Castro and Coley Ambulo - both members of the UP Cheerdance  [who, in case you've been living under a rock, the past years or so] Group -->the Defending UAAP Cheerdance [Three-Peat !!] Champions.

{ Kuwento lang kami ng kaunti - Inurirat ko nanamn sila tungkol sa "routine" nila para sa inaabangan na UAAP Cheerdance Competition sa September 15 [MoA Arena] - 
Siyempre sabi ni Mark at Coley  ---  Secret !!! }

We bid good byes after a few minutes and I turn around, to go in the direction of the South Gate while Mark & Coley proceed to the side of the Araneta [facing National Book Store].  In a matter of 2-3 seconds, I decide, on the the spur of the moment, to turn back and practically "chase" Mark & Coley - to ask for, ->Yes, U guessed it! - POTS Portraits -- Pahabol On-The-Spot Portraits!! - Hahaha!].  I get to catch up with them - and, in front of a John Lloyd Cruz mural/billboard - Mark & Coley are Kind enough to accommodate the POTS Portraits.


"At the core" of my better, soulful images - 
There is, essentially,
 a "whole lotta trust", and a "whole lotta love".






Thanx a mill - again  ->Aby, Mark, Coley !!  Love U Guys !!
[not you, John Lloyd]
See You at the games !



OTS - OJT
On-the-Spot   &   On-the-Job

Snapped the image above [repost na to], as I was walking the ringside aisles of the Araneta, during an ongoing UAAP match, 'bout a week ago.


PS 
Better OTS Portraits Are Yet To Come -

brosi gonzales

Tags
onthespotportraits portraiture uaapcheerdance uaapseason76
abigailmarano dlsuladyspikers marklouiecastro coleyambulo nicoletteambulo
abypotmarano abymarano samsungstunner

No comments:

Post a Comment