Thursday, August 08, 2013

Rikki & Kate

Si gilid ng mga mata tinitingnan kita  .   .   .
from 'Gilid" byMoonstar 88]


Personally, I don't know much about the band Moonstar '88, yet every single time I hear their single "Gilid" on the radio - It just HITS me !! -  I just gotta act out/LIVE what they're singing about - actually, I've lived it hundreds of X over, in a manner of speaking - 've shot so many portraits, group AND SOLO of so many pretty/cute/charming Xtremely attractive girls/ladies/women [suit yourself - pick a term] in my photographic "journey".

The Kilig Factor has always been there  [and will always forever be] every single moment I peep through my DSLR's viewfinder and press the shutter whenever i'm photographing a girl - regardless if she's a total stranger , a new acquaintance, a media buddy, a close friend , or someone I truly care for - near and dear to me  [awss] [sigh]  .

I've learned to always "love the one I'm with" when I do my art.  See, When I was just starting photography [trying to read as much about those world class fashion/glamour/portrait masters] I came across this line which went like --
"When you photograph someone, She should be the Most Beautiful Girl in the World, at that moment in time, for you  - and no should come even close"

One might go as far to call it delusional even BUT it has worked for me all these years - and to this very day !! {"funny" thing is -the girl [The One] that I've truly loved the longest [as in real life ->True Love, NOT the "photographic kind"] and the most, also just happened to have several of the most Truly Beautiful {CLASSIC & TIMELESS} Portraits I've shot -EVER ! 

Not that I haven't been shooting great digital portraits, as of late [I do have a separate folder already of my best digital portraits, in the past 5 years, 5 months, 5 weeks - and just 5 days ago - Ha!] - Thing is, I don't post my solo portrait shoots in this blog, unless they're somehow "media/sports related".

Used 35mm Black & White Film w/her so often  [one of her Black & white portraits even won me an Honorable Mention Award in an open themed Asian Photography Competiton [open theme] ! years ago.

Point is - I've always, always AND always - enjoyed portraiture.  And when I say I'm a hopeless romantic - I speak of romance in the context of every sunset being unique, every single snowflake being one of a kind [despite the gazillions and gazillions that form every single micro second !! ]  I try to look [easier said than done, tho, at times] for something new in the familiar, something meaningful in the mundane - and something soulful worth photographing every single moment [whatever that means - Ha!] [the words just came outta my head!]

Stolen Shot 

Waiting for someone else in this office - I just happened to glance upon Rikki [a media buddy of mine] and Kate as they [while leaning over a cubicle partition] were engaged in a brief conversation w/ an officemate. Woah!  - The moment I saw the light illuminating their faces - and with their wide-eyed looks so obvious  - In an instant, I knew I had to capture what I was looking at !! - It was so unassuming- yet so fleetingly cute and pretty - grabbed my DSLR, frantically attached my telephoto - pointed and clicked once or twice
- as the moment was lost forever. 

 I ended up w a properly exposed and composed -but totally off focus image. I let it go - maybe , I could have asked them to pose for me, at that same spot but - whatever - pinabayaan ko na lang {I regretted it - shouldda asked them] - I suppose their light demeanor was still there, and I would have probably found a way to re-angle my self to get the right "caress of light" on their faces [and eyes] }.  My Bad !!

Even if it is Off-Focus, this stolen photo remains a favorite of mine. I like it.
The way Rikki's and Kate's eyes look  [the HOOK of the photo] - 
 so bright-eyed-happy and optimistic.

So -->Just IMAGINE if the faces were So Crisp and in Perfect Focus !!

Gets - How my mind's eye works ?

Me - don't ever take me seriously.
- It's the visualizations, technique AND results that I'm serious about.
brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment